Chapter 13

2014 (Tadashi) Spring

Driving up to the Lake House, Tadashi came back from helping at the cafe again. "Let's see if she wrote back." He walked to the mailbox, puttingt the flag down and opened it.

"What's this?" Tadashi looked confused to see something bundled up inside. Slowly pulling it, only to feel something soft and he pulled more. A scarf then unraveled, blowing in the wind along with a paper that flew from the bundle.

Tadashi panicked and chased after the paper, crazily manuvering to catch the letter. "Get back here!" Finally a sigh left him after he caught it and went inside.

For awhile Tadashi didnt open the letter yet as night came and he made himself noddle soup. Waiting for it to cook, he opened the folded up paper to read it.

'Alright, my mysterious correspondent. Note the sarcasm. If you're really think your from the time and place you say you are, then I advice you might need the neatly, professionally made crochet scarf.'

Tadashi let out a chuckled and looked at the dark grey scarf.

'Took me all night to make it, so you better use it because there was a sudden snowfall that spring and everyone got sick. So add on plenty of rest and lots of fluids, doctor's orders.'

The letter was thrown down as Tadashi rolled his eyes with a grin. "Yeah right." He poured his soup and sat at the table, looking out the windows.

Suddenly something unexpected happened that made him freeze. Snow was falling outside.

"Wha-ACHO!"

The sneeze freaked Tadashi out more as he stared at his reflection. "This can not be happening."

Snow littered the ground the next morning and Tadashi came outside with a blanket around him and the catahoula dog beside him. Quickly he put the letter in with a question on it.

'Can this be happening?'