Chapter 42

2016 (Tadashi)

"Come on, come on, come on!" Tadashi frantically drove through the traffic. Many cars honked but he still continued on toward the city. He needed to get to you. "I'm coming, (Y/n)."

--------------------------------
2017 (Y/n)

The car skid to a stop right in the dirt driveway of the Lake House. It Still looked the same and Hiro felt confused as to why you two were there. "(Y/n)? What are we-"
"Stupid- PEN!" Hiro jumped at your angry snap and turned to see you looking like a mess. Your hands shook as you tried to write with the pen. It kept dropping and you cried, "No! Stop sh-shaking!" Your heart and chest felt like it was going to burst.

------------------------------
2016 (Tadashi)

The truck skid to a stop in a parking space near a couple of buildings in the city. Tadashi flung the door open, stuffing the letter in his pocket and ran. Of course people would be in his way. "Excuse me! Sorry!"

He felt his chest ache badly from how much emotional pain and frustration that things are making very hard to see you. "Please." His soft voice cracked. "I don't want to lose you."

-------------------------------
2017 (Y/n)

"Please......" You let out a sob. "Please......" Tear drops fell onto the paper as your hands felt numb. You jumped when you felt a warm hand on your writing hand. Brown eyes looked at you with sympathy and care. Hiro helped to keep your hand steady.

You smiled thankfully at him and wrote your words, your heartbeat picking up as your pen glided. Hiro knew what you were doing and he hoped, no.....he wished it will work.

It was done. You threw open the door and rushed to the mailbox, but you tripped. Pain erupted from your hands and knees as they scrapped on the ground.

---------------------------------
2016 (Tadashi)

There were still a bunch of people in his way since today was Valentine's Day. Tadashi's feet padded on the pavement and he swerved sharply around people. Though at one corner, he tried to dodge a group of people while avoiding a corner wall.

Just as he made it, his foot went over the other and it caused him to tripped. His knees and hands erupted in pain but he pushed himself up and ran.

------------------------------
2017 (Y/n)

"(Y/n)!" Hiro ran and gently picked you up with you holding down a sob again. You held onto Hiro for support and you two walked to the mailbox. The letter now was shoved in as you closed it and moved the flag. "Please. Please work......" Your knees felt weak, making you and Hiro fall to the ground. "P-Please.....Tadashi."

Hiro pulled you close and cried himself, yelling in his heart that Tadashi would see it. You clinged to Hiro, the tears falling and your whole head in a dazed.

--------------------------------
2016 (Tadashi)

Tadashi panted, stopping on the sidewalk right across from the Sunrise Plaza. It was quite warm for February weather, but it didn't bother Tadashi one bit as he spotted someone across the busy street.

There you were.

Sitting with your friend in the Sunrise Plaza with people bussling around and different vehciles driving about as you happily tossed bread to the pigeons near by. You fanned yourself as a light breeze blew your (h/c) hair. Tadashi watched you talk with your best friend happily.

"(Y/n)......" A relieved and happy smile made its way on his lips. You were right there. Right where he could run across and hug you. Tadashi was so happy and excited, not really thinking at that moment as he took a step off the sidewalk.

-------------------------------
2017 (Y/n)

Creak!

The flag went down then back up.

~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~
(Okay, if you're wondering then here's a little flashback:

Right when he passed the mailbox, its flag went down then up. Confused and in a hurry, Tadashi grabbed whatever was in there and went into the truck.