Chapter 7

2014 (Tadashi) Spring

The next morning, the two began fixing the house little by little. Hiro was down by the walkway, painting the railing black and Tadashi was standing on the roof, watering the tree.

"I'm surprised you're helping me with all this little bro. Eager to get me out of the house?" Tadashi remarked from above.

"Oh you bet! Then I can have the whole room to myself." Hiro joked, causing Tadashi to playfully sprinkle his head a little. "Hey!"

"You knucklehead."

They continued what they were doing as Tadashi went a little further to the back, unable to see Hiro. The younger brother was really concentrating hard on painting the rails when he heard the paint make a squishy sound. "Huh?"

Just as he went to look, a catahoula casually walked by, going toward the door.

"Hey!" Hiro got up to run after him. "He-" Hiro completly froze as he stared at the walkway. "P-p-paw prints."

Shaking his head, Hiro realized the dog went in the house. "Hey, get back here!" Tadashi stopped what he was doing. "Hiro! Everything okay?!"

"There's a dog in the house!"

Confused, Tadashi came down and the first thing he saw was the paw prints on the walkway which lead to the door. "Oh my......"

Quickly, Tadashi ran into kitchen where the paper was placed on the counter. Hiro came walking up with the dog who just sat down, tail wagging happily.

The two Hamada brothers glanced at each other, then to the dog. "You should just write that girl back." Hiro commented.

The dog barked.

Tadashi nodded, doing that and went to the mailbox. His own folded paper was placed inside and the flag was moved back up.