Chapter 29

2014 (Tadashi) Beginning Fall

"I'm not going, but you are." Hiro grinned at his brother. Tadashi seemed anxious, pulling on the forest green turtle-neck shirt. "Come on. It's just a birthday party." Tadashi grabbed the brown blazer, slipping it on and taking his keys to his red moped. "I'll be back later." Tadashi drove back to yours and (Y/b/f)'s house. 

He had walked through the doors when your boyfriend came up with a smile. "Hey, Tadashi! Glad you can make it, I'm guessing your little brother didn't want to come." "Yeah, he's not into things like this." (Y/b/f) nodded, patting Tadashi over to meet some people, but he wasn't really paying attention since his eyes scanned the around the room for you. Not here yet. 

"Okay everyone! Hide!" Tadashi followed everyone into the dining room to hide from site and it was quiet. The you in that time came through the front doors a little tired, heading to the living room. "SURPRISE!" 

You jumped, then slowly turned around to see a banner that read happy birthday AND a bunch of people you don't even know. "Um..." You smiled nothing less. Tadashi stood behind your boyfriend, who held the cake, and waved toward you, which you didn't notice since your anxiety built up a bit from this many people. 

Your boyfriend introduced you to everyone at the party, you not really caring. "OH! (Y/n), I want you to meet a new friend of mine." Tadashi was drinking a soda when he saw (Y/b/f) dragging you over to him. "(Y/n), this is Tadashi." You shook Tadashi's hand as Tadashi happily shook back. "Nice to meet you, (Y/n)." "Same here." 

Tadashi watched you walk off with (Y/b/f). It kinda pained him to see you with someone else right now, so he went to sit outside to get some air since there was too mant people he didn't know here. "Do I tell her? Or do I leave it?" Tadashi asked himself. 

The front door made a loud bang from someone running out. Looking behind him, Tadashi saw it was you who stood a few feet away from him arms crossed and sighing. Tadashi smiled, "Happy Birthday." You sat on the other side of the porch, glancing back at him still upset. "Thank you." You said quietly. 

Tadashi was still looking at your back side, smiling gently. "I hope it was a great year for you." "Thanks." Nervousness came over Tadashi as he stood by you. "May I?" He asked you politely. You don't look at him and nod, staring at the ground. 

The young man sat down when you gave side way glances to him. You both sat there in silence until Tadashi broke it. "Are you alright?" You shrugged, not wanting to tell a complete stranger what's going on with you and (Y/b/f), so you got up and walked a few yards away.