Chapter 17

2014 (Tadashi) Summer

All week Tadashi checked his mail and his mood was a bit down, even everyone noticed as he kept getting distracted as he worked the shifts at the cafe. Aunt Cass, sighed, pulling the young man into the kitchen.

"Okay, What's bothering you?"

Tadashi sighed. "Nothing, Aunt Cass."

"Nothing? All week you've been distracted, sweetie, please tell me what's wrong?"

Tadashi groaned. "Okay fine. The girl I've been writing to hasn't been writing back all week and I'm getting worried." Aunt Cass smiled, chuckling as she patted his shoulder. "Sweetie, stop worrying. I'm sure she'll write back, some of us might be busy and will write later."

She pinched his cheek, laughing as Tadashi yelped and rubbed his cheek. "Now get hussling! We've got a lot of orders to get done." Tadashi smiled and saluted.

Today Tadashi got off early and wanted to check the mailbox, hoping you wrote back. Much to his happiness, you did. "YES!" He jumped around, then stopped immediatly. Blushing in embarrassment and going inside to read your letter and write back.

'I'm really really sorry I haven't made it to the mailbox lately! It's been a really busy week for me at work and all night shifts aren't great either.'

'It's alright, though I have to admit I was really worried about you when you didn't write back for week. I'm sorry you had a rough week, especially the late night shifts. Besides you're the only connection I have of the future.'