Chapter 35

2014 (Tadashi) Beginning winter

Tadashi sniffed, pen gliding over the paper.

'I don't understand, (Y/n). I'm sorry, something must've happened right? I've still got two year, maybe we can-'

'No....Tadashi. It's too late. It's already happened and it didn't work out.'

He could tell you hurt beyond belief, by the way you aren't letting him talk or do anything.

'(Y/n), please don't give on me. There are always chances in life, we can wait and have our chance.'

Tadashi sat outside on the patio, looking out at the Lake with Pippin' who had her eyes set on the shimmer light.

'Tadashi, I'm sorry to say but....life isn't like a book. It can be over in a second. I know, Tadashi. One time I was having lunch with my friend in Sunrise Plaza and a man was killed right in front of me. He...he died in my arms and I thought, it can end like that on Valentine's Day.'

"Ow!" Tadashi pulled away his hand from a broken wire inside his project. Placing the tools down, he sat at his desk and stared at your letter still feeling hurt.

'Ever since that, I've thought about all the people that loved him, waiting at home and... they'll never see him again.'

Hiro watched his brother sadly and in concern for him as Tadashi walked back into his lab to work.

'Then I thought again, what if there is no one and what if you live your whole life and no one is waiting. Anyway, I drove to the Lake House for any kind of answer and I found you.'

Tadashi stood by the mailbox again, holding your letter after reading over and over again. The wind blowing his hair.

'Tadashi, I got lost. I got lost in this beautiful and amazing fantasy where time just.....stood still, but it's not real Tadashi. I have to learn the live the life that I have now.'

Day after day, Tadashi wrote to you. Hiro and everyone noticed he's been quiet and working more on his project. Even they seen the stacks of letter he wrote and Hiro has checked the mailbox to see it was full of unread letters from his older brother.

'Please don't write anymore. Don't try to find me. Let me let you go, please Tadashi.'