Chapter.70

It's been the total of three terrible, but bittersweet days. The first day we decided to try and do something all as a family, including my father. That turned out to be a mistake, we tried to go out for dinner and after a movie. My father scoffed at the idea, he was too good for what he called 'stale buttered popcorn.' his words exactly. He then decided to walk home. The second day, we decided to try to win my father over by maybe trying to go see an opera, the theater was a good two hours out. But Jacob was persistant on trying to crack my dad, this man is relentless. Jacob himself went to my father and asked if he'd be willing to join. My father snatched the tickets from his hand, I guess that was his way in saying, "Yes." 

The evening was good, but it definitely wasn't any ones idea of fun, except for my Father and Mother. Jacob, Cierra, and myself were trying to stay awake the first 30 minutes. I knew my Father realized in some point, because afterwards he scolded everyone about not appreciating the art. My Father that night drove home angrily and stomped up to his room without another word.

Now it's the third day, Jacob lay here on the couch resting his head on my lap, wishing for a television, for some entertainment. "I still don't understand, why call it the living room when there's clearly no tv?" 

I chuckle and continue to twirl his soft hair around my finger, "It's just dead animals. They should call it 'The Room of Death'." Jacob joked. 

"Well that would make more sense." I agreed. 

"Chris?" Jacob looked up at me.

"Hmm?"

"Uhm, I don't mean this in a bad way. I love your Mom and little Sister, but when are we going home?"

I bent my head back for a second and let out a good laugh, "You? Mr. Eagerness that wanted to come here so badly, is asking to go home?" I joked, but I could see Jacob's face was serious about his feeling. "Babe, I have to tell you something."

Jacob lifted himself off my lap to look me straight in the eye, he knew it was a serious topic. I let out a breath, "Ceirra came to me, and told me that she's pregnant." 

Jacob's eyes grew wide, "What? Little Cierra?" Ever since the first moment that Cierra and Jacob were introduced, he has felt the need to protect her. Like a little sister, and she has grown attached to Jacob like a big brother. It was cute. "She's only 16, Chris."

"I know, that's why I can't leave her here, but it's also another reason why I can't take her." I breathed in frustration.

"I understand. She's a minor, even if we took her they have the right to take her back." Jacob saw the dilemma that we were faced with. I nodded in agreement, I didn't know what to do.

Jacob looked at me with the same emotion mirrored on his face, we both didn't know what to do. "We can't get her out of here either, their not phycially abusing her." Jacob whispered, it seemed now he wasn't even talking to me, but himself. Both he and I were exploring every option.

Then it seemed like something inside of Jacob switched, "Wait, for her to get pregnant. She had to have had sex with a boy." 

"Yeah, that's usually how it works Jacob." I said, it was the most obvious thing he's ever said since I met him.

I started to see Jacob slowly shake, it was progressing by the second. Uh oh. "Some guy was touching Cierra. Is he even in the picture?"

"I-I don't know Jacob. You need to calm down. There's nothing we can do about it now, she's already pregnant." He seemed to have not any effect to my words. I took ahold of his hand, "Jacob look at me." He didn't respond. "Jacob Black, look at me." I said more sternly. His chocolate brown eyes met mine, "I think everyone is stressed around here. I think we should all just get away. You, Cierra, and me should go to the beach. Sound good?."