Chapter twenty-eight.

As i lay in the bed at the hotel, Harry sleeping to my right. I let my thoughts run wild. But all i could think was 'What if?'.

What if mine and Rubys plan never worked out. Would we have met One Direction? Would we of had to watch them from our shitty seats. The only tickets that were left to buy.

What if Harry stayed with Caroline. Would i even be here right now? Would i have went on to date Liam?

I just had an endless line of 'what ifs' running through my mind. When all that really mattered was, our plan worked. We met the boys who had become our lives. And now slowly, Ruby and I were beginning different lives. Ones away from home.

People probably think sixteen years old is too young to get up, leave home and school and run off with a guy you had only known personally for not even half a year. But i would honestly leave EVERYTHING i had back home just to be able to wake up every morning and have Harry be the first thing i saw. He had been my world for so long. It was nice to know that maybe one day i would be his.

I heard Harrys phone get a message from beside me. I looked at it and my stomach instantly dropped.

'One new message: Caroline Flack' The screen read. Why did he even have her number anymore? I wasn't the kind of person to go snooping through peoples personal business. But curiosity got he better of me.

I slid the little bar at the bottom of the screen across and placed his pass code in. Her message popped up on the screen.

'Hey Harry baby, I'm in New York at the minute as well. I'm staying at the same hotel as you. You should drop by my room if you get a chance, room 892 ;) - Caroline xo'

I felt a sudden burst of anger run through me. Who the hell did she think she was? Everyone knew Harry was dating me now, its not that hard to miss since its on basically every website, paper and magazine. What was this, a late night booty call?

I got up of the bed softly trying not to wake up Harry. I pulled on a pair of Harrys trackies and my black 1D hoodie. I slipped my phone in my pocket and walked out of the room. I snuck to the front door, trying my best not to wake anybody as it was past midnight.

Once i was safely out in the hall i set off for the elevators that would take me down to her floor. I had no idea what i was going to do or say, i really had no idea why i was even going down to her room. All i knew was i was going to let this lady know once and for all, that Harry was with me now and she had no hope.

I stood outside her door for at least five minutes before i mustered up the courage to finally knock.

'Harry is that you?' I heard her call as she made her way to answer the door, but i didn't reply. Seconds later the door swung open, revealing Caroline in very little clothing. I had to fight to keep my vomit down. She looked me up and down screwing up her nose.

'Harrys not here!' She said rudely after glancing at my One Direction hoodie.

'I'm not looking for Harry.' I replied. She seemed confused by my Australian accent since we were in America.

'Yeah right, love.'

'Oh don't pretend you don't know who i am! You of all people should know, since you always have a close eye on him since he dumped your old ass.' I replied trying to keep my cool.

'I don't know what you are talking about.' She said as she started to close the door in my face. I quickly stopped it before she closed it fully.

'Harry is happy with me and you know it. You can try all you want to get him back, but at the end of the day no one wants a girl passed her used by date...' I said, her reaction was priceless.

'So how about you just leave him alone, and go find someone a little more...your age. After all, you are old enough to be his mum. That's just gross.' I said with a laugh. She looked about ready to pounce at me. That was probably the cougar in her coming out.

'Listen here you little bit-'

'Woah woah woah, you're too close.' I cut her off as she took a few steps towards me. I threw my hands up in defeat.

'Honestly Caroline, you need to grow up a little.' I said, i knew she was getting madder. I took this as my chance to leave before things got messy.

I turned to walk away before i stopped and turned back to her.

'Seriously, stay away from him. He isn't interested.' I said before i started walking.

'Thats not what he was saying the other night...' She said, i heard her chuckle after. I chose to ignore her.

I felt the need to cry. I didn't want to believe what she said was true, but everythings a possiblity.