Chapter Ten: YOU DID WHAT!!!?

Chapter Ten

A few days have passed since I left the hospital, and had to promise Carlisle that I would be more careful. I was under orders from my dad to stay in bed all day, which was fine with me, it meant I wouldn't fall down as easy. Laying there, I had just woken back up and couldn't fall asleep, but it was one in the morning, and I had school. Closing my eyes I heard a small click, and looking up, my window was open. "H-hello?" I asked, pushing myself up in a sitting position. Cody was climbing in through my window.

When he was fully in and the window shut again he walked over to me and sat down on the edge of my bed. "I'm sorry, I just couldn't stay away any longer." He whispered. I knew what he was talking about, ever since I looked in his mesmerizing eyes I felt drawn to him. "Clara, there's something I have to tell you." He said biting his bottom lip.

I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. "Whatever it is, you can tell me." I said with a small smile.

"I may or may not have......" I couldn't hear the last part because he said it so low and fast.

"What?" I asked, feeling my eyebrows furrow. "I don't have vampire ears, I can't understand you." I said shaking my head.

"I might have.... imprinted." He said looking at me nervously.

"wait.... whoa whoa whoa whoa, you did WHAT!?" I said, my voice hitting a pitch so high it hurt. Letting go of his hand I got up and paced back and forth by my wall. "Is that like, I-I don't know, the werewolf-vampire-human hybrid equivalent of... I don't know... Like stalking?" I asked turning to change direction and finding myself in a warm embrace. It was exactly what I had needed, it just kinda freaked me out for a second.

"No, my dad, he imprinted on my mom the moment he looked in her eyes, when she was a baby. My grandma wasn't thrilled about it, she nearly killed my dad, but then she realized that it was innocent." He said the words quickly, looking in my eyes as he spoke them. "That's what it is, an innocent love connection between a werewolf and his love. All he wants to do is keep them safe, keep them alive, give them exactly what they need." He said, his breath brushing my face like it had a few days ago. "Weather it's a friend, a brother, or a boyfriend." He said gently. "And that's all I want to do for you." His face was slowly getting closer to mine. "I love you." he said the words slowly, his voice airy. His skin burnt hot against my face, but I didn't care. His lips where gentle against mine, and quickly he backed up. "Sorry." He muttered looking down.

"I didn't mind." I said quietly, closing the distance and hugging him. He picked me up and slid me beneath the covers, then laid down next to me, where I cuddled up next to him, his warmth keeping me from shivering.

We talked the night away, and before long I began to fall asleep. He kissed my forehead and covered me up all the way. "Goodnight my sweet princess." He smiled at me then jumped out my window, and I faded into sleep.

My dream wasn't a horror dream, my mom wasn't even in it. It was nothing but me and Cody, sitting on a park bench smiling. No sound, no actions, no nothing, just a park bench, Cody, and I sitting peacefully.

I woke up with hours to spare, and as I started rifling through my closet looking for something to wear, I heard my window open and close. Spinning around instead of seeing Cody, like I suspected, Alice and Bella where standing there. "I'm so sorry, Alice drug me here, she wants to give you another makeover." Bella said sighing. She was wearing a pink skirt with a white shirt and a pink vest over it, her feet covered by white heels.

"Because your so much more compliant than Bella, she use to squirm." She said shaking her head. "She also gave me the same look all the time." She shook her head sighing.

After being told what to wear and how to wear it by Alice they both finally disappeared back out my window. I walked down stairs slowly, my dad almost demanded that I get a stair climber for myself, and went to the kitchen. This is the first time I was really allowed out of bed since the incident, which my dad explained as "a mix of standing up to fast, a concussion, and falling down again." Just my luck that something like that would happen to me. After I finished eating and climbed in my car I had a few minutes before I had to go, my dad had to leave early again, this time he was working over time. I pulled out my sketch book and started to doodle, meaningless shapes and curves. Putting the open book in my passenger seat and driving down the road.

Once I reached the school I barely had time to jump out of my car before the Cullen's where standing by me. Emmet's huge grin suggested that they knew what happened at the hospital and last night. "So, Clara, Cody." He said wriggling his eyebrows and Edward pushed him, causing them to fall into a playful wrestle.

'Oh god.' I thought as I slowly realized what had happened. 'Thats why Alice insisted on giving me a makeover.' I thought about the tight gray tee shirt and black vest on top of it, the black skinny jeans and thick soled black boots that went up to my knees I sighed and folded my arms uncomfortably. "Awe, Clara, no shame in it." Jasper said patting my head and Rosalie smacked him upside the head, Jasper giving her a small chuckle.

Cody came forward, the air suddenly got awkward with all the eyes and Bella patted my shoulder and gave me a gentle push in his direction. I stumbled forward and Cody caught me before I even had a chance to fall. "You okay?" He asked in a brotherly manner.

Quickly I nodded and grabbed my bag and sketchbook, which not to soon after was plucked from my hand. "I'm still amazed that you draw this well." Said a voice I didn't expect. Nessi was standing there, Jake's arm slung casually over her shoulder. She grinned and handed it back. "Jake and I are going here now, we grew tired of being away from my family and I wanted to see where my mom and dad- I mean Edward and Bella originally met." She said, correcting her statement smoothly.

"Cool." I said with a smile. "Hope we have a few classes together." I grinned. Turns out we did, I had no classes without one Cullen. Jake was in my Gym class and English, and Nessie was in my Art and study hall. Of course all the Cullen's now filled the lunch table, Edward and Bella sat together, Emmett and Rosalie, Alice and Jasper, Nessie and Jake, then there was Cody and I.

After a long, and when I say long I mean long, day I managed to make it back home and hide myself in one corner of my room with stacks of books and papers. After completing my homework I instantly grabbed my copy of Pride and Prejudice, but it was to love oriented for me at the moment, so I switched, gabbing another book at random. Just my luck, I grabbed Dracula. 'Too real.' I thought bitterly and got up, shoving the books back into the small little bookshelf by my window. Looking through I came to a horrible realization. Every single one of my books where either love, vampire, or werewolf. I had one that wasn't, but I haven't picked it up since I was a little kid. I pulled the slightly dusty copy of Edgar Allen Poe's works, "The Raven" and sat down reading it. I could almost recite it exactly. "Once upon a midnight dreary; while I pondered weak and weary; over many quaint and curious volume of forgotten Lore-" That's exactly at the moment that my dad came in my room.

"Hon' dinners ready." He said before exiting and going back down stairs. Sighing I slid the copy of The Raven back into my book case and went down stairs. Seeing the steak on the table my stomach growled and I couldn't wait to dig in. Just as I sat down, the doorbell rang. "Get that please." My dad asked me, and sighing I got up and opened the door.

"Hello?" I asked as the door creaked open, and then my heart dropped, just as I saw the face of the visitor. The last person I ever wanted to see.

__________________________________________

CLIFFHANGER! Who do you think it is? Do you think she is in danger? Comment and tell me!

VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE!