Chapter Thirty Seven Funeral

The light spilled across my pillow, it was a pale and sad light. The sun couldn't actually be seen, it was just shining through the clouds that where growing thicker. Downstairs I heard the front door open and close and Carlisle greet new people into the house. When Old friends of the Cullen's from back when Ness was little heard of Cody's death they came to pay their respects.

The entire idea of this makes me start to cry lightly, and outside it began to sprinkle lightly. I sat up and stared at my ring finger. I don't completely remember putting the ring back on my finger, but i never want to part with it again.

Slowly standing, I walked out of my room, down the hall, to the top of the stairs. In the living room there was four strangers, they all had olive skin and dark hair. They also had blood red eyes that shocked me. "Clara, your up." Esme said softly, looking up from the face of one of the strangers.

"I've been awake for a while." I whispered as I went down the stairs and looked to the strangers. "I'm thirsty." I said, fearing the new people standing in the living room. Quickly I ran to the fridge and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge then ran back to the living room, opening it and taking a drink.

"Fascinating." One of them muttered.

"Clara, these are our friends from Egypt." She then began to gesture to each one. "Tia, Benjamin, Amun, and Kebi."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Clara." I said, taking a set on the couch and crisscrossing my legs. "Cody was my fiance." A few tears slipped out my eyes and at the same time, a few more raindrops fell from the sky. As soon as they stopped, so did the rain drops. Nobody except Benjamin truly noticed this, and he gave me such a smile that intrigued me.

"We are sorry for your loss Clara." The one named Amun said.

"Thank you..." I muttered, though rage was boiling in me, I was angry that there was literally nothing I am able to do about it, that my mate was dead, and I will never be able to spend the rest of my long life with him.

"Clara!" Esme's voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I looked down the bottle in my hand, the water was boiling and the plastic had began to melt. Quickly I set it down and rubbed my hand on my black jeans.

"Sorry..." I muttered and rung part of my baggy grey shirt out.

"Carlisle, you've been hiding something from from us." I heard Amun say, and when I looked up a saw Carlisle had entered the room, and he was looking at me like a concerned father. "How long have you had her."

"I'm seven." I said, looking at him. "I have a voice of my own too." I said and stood up, glaring at him. "Now what do you mean by hiding something from you. Carlisle doesn't own me, nobody owns me." Rage had begun to snap out through my words.

"I just mean that he knows about my Ben, I would have figured he would have shared of you."

I looked to Ben confused and he smiled. Then he raised his hand and it became engulfed in flames. "Looks like I'm not the only one anymore."

Before I could respond there was a knock on the door and Emmet was the one who showed up to open it. There stood Eleazar and the rest of the Denali's, all looking very sad at the news of a lost family member. After the Denali's arrived everything just began to blur together, people who I didn't know giving me hugs, condolences being passed out like candy on Halloween. Eventually I couldn't take anymore and ran upstairs as some people Edward called the Amazon Coven approached me.

I crashed onto my bed and wept, the rain coming down harder now, it was coming down like a summer evening storm. There was a gentle knock on my door, and when I looked up I saw Benjamin entering my room with a sad look oh his face. "Hello Clara." he said, sitting down on the edge of my bed.

"Hi." I muttered and curled into a ball under my blankets.

"I can tell your very powerful. Your emotions are making it like the wet season in Egypt."

"I didn't have any powers until a few months after I was turned." I sat up and wiped my eyes. "If you didn't know by now. I'm a hybrid. It kind of sucks.dot.Cody was kind of like a hybrid. Have your wolf one third vampire one third human... Well I guess it would be like one third werewolf... Math isn't my strong suit." I laughed a little at my attempt at a joke, and from Benjamin I got a sad but very kind and supportive smile. It seems like he saw me as strong... Even now when my world was tumbling down and I was the weakest thing ever.

"I would love to meet your parents. To meet the people that raised you. You are truly wonderful person." He said the word so kindly, but then I got even worse, I thought of my father. Not my actual father, my adoptive one. I thought it had Jane took his life, how then Jane and Alex they forced taken, then Aro's. Then I thought of how I had one stole the life from Cody and more tears continue to stream down my face, earning a sad sympathetic look from Benjamin.

"My parents didn't raise me. I was raised by a wonderful man who died too early. He was even related to me, he just watched over me but my mom underwent a vampire changing process and then when she went missing. He died before she came back, I think they were friends in the way that Bella and Jacob and Edward were like my true father who is like Edward and my doctor was like Jake. It just makes them seem so much more like family. I wish I had that family still."

"You make it sound like their dead." Benjamin said in sort of confused voice. "I was sure I heard Carlisle talking about how your parents would be able to make it so would your brother."

"Cody with my family. I am lost without him. He'd imprinted on me." I explained and just tried to hold back more tears.

Eventually Ben left and went back downstairs. The entire time I was upstairs, I was listening to the conversations below. Cody was only seventeen, but he knew so many people. None would be as sad as I.

I don't remember falling asleep, but I remember that when I woke up, it was Alice, and she was holding a black dress. "Ness, Bella, Rose, Esme, and I all put this together for you. Ness chose the dress, Bella the shoes, Rose the hair accessories, Esme the overcoat, and I chose the makeup and hair."

Alice walked me back into my closet and after a numb hour if her getting me ready, I stood in front of the full length mirror with tears in my eyes. "We pieced together Cody's favorite things you've worn, Edward and Jasper both provided evidence that he loved you even more every time he saw you wearing things along these lines."

I sniffled and walked down the hall, stairs, path, all the way to the burial sight where the smell of fresh churned dirt clung to the air. I stared at the grave stone and sucked in a ragged breath. As soon as people began to speak. I was a mess, crying into my hands as my curly ringlet hair hung around my head, the black and silver flower pins threatening to slide out of my hair and fall to my feet, that of which where shoved into extremely high high heels, that where matte black with small silver diamonds on them.

I sobbed, and when I coughed, lightning would crack, when I sniffled, wind would rake through my black crop jacket and tight bodycon black dress. When a sob would burst from me after silent tears, thunder would roll. The entire time all around me I heard rain coming down in sheets, by only felt it hitting my legs. I looked up, still crying, and saw that everyone had umbrellas, and that the storm was becoming terrible. I had no control over the storm, and even less on my emotions. You didn't need Jasper's power to know that I was in pain, that this was a worse pain than transforming into a vampire. It was like Cody had my Dead heart, and somehow found a way to make it beat again. Then he died, and not only did my heart die too, but he ripped it from my chest, and now it lays in the casket with him, waiting for him to come back and finish his proclamation. The rest of eternity was going to be a lonely place without him.

________
Sorry it took so long to update, this was a hard chapter to write.

Vote comment and share please :)