Chapter forty one Goodbye memories

Chapter 41 Goodbye Memories.

Clara's POV

I was minding my own business walking down the sidewalk, not a car win the world. Flanking me to my right was the hallucination of Cody, and one of my adoptive father- a new one I got when I landed- to my left was Aro, Alec, and Jane. I walked with each one of them constantly dying or torturing me, so it's completely reasonable that I didn't notice him coming out of nowhere. It was another vampire, he jumped me and took me to the ground, my head cracking the hard concrete and causing my ears to ring. "This is for your own good Clara!" He then decked me and I felt myself fall unconscious, my mind filling with memories of people I've lost.

My adoptive father was one of the most painful. He just stared at me, disappointed in me. Like he was mad or sad of who I had grown to be in the year since his death. I fought to say the words I'm sorry, but the words where words that would never leave my mouth. I felt this urge to return to the way it was before. Me as a child with my father, being human, being happy. The specific memories where that of when I was five and how much I longed for those days once again.

Emmett's POV

I paced the living room floor enough times for Esme to start scolding me about wearing a path into the rug. We got the call a few hours ago that Clara was found in England, and Carlisle sent word to stop the search. She was almost here, her mother and father both sat on the couch. I didn't like them all too much, it didn't seem they actually cared for Clara, like she was just a product of a mistake that was going to live for eternity. I think personally Rose and I would raise her so much better.

Edward opened the door seconds before the familiar nomad named Peter burst into the room followed by his mate, they where old friends of Japser's and usually it was a happy occasion when they arrived- usually. Peter set Clara down on the table we had set out, and instantly Clara's mom ran over.

She set her hand on Clara's forehead and began to murmur so quietly I could hardly hear her. I slipped over to Edward and instantly he knew what I was going to ask. "She's trying to center where the break is and destroy it. Clara's mind is a mess of complex systems because of all the powers, on top of it she has blocks still in place."

"How is that possible." I asked curiously, but Edward wasn't the one who answered my question.

"I'm her mother, I can reach through her block how Rensemee can reach through Bella's." she said it as if it was common knowledge. The next words where words that scared me to my core. "Something's happening!" Her mother cried, her hands shaking and her breath becoming labored. "She's changing herself!" She removed her palm and look us in shock. "She is literally removing vampirism from her system."

Hours later we had moved Clara to her bed and walked ourselves around, trying to avoid going anywhere near her room, the waiting was hard on all of us. Esme, Carlisle, and Clara's parents all spoke in the kitchen, agreeing that the best environment for Clara was the Cullen's.

It wasn't until Alice gasped and looked into nothing did we know something was happening. "She's waking up." I went to run up to her room as soon as Alice said the words. "But something's seriously different." She whispered, and it made me pause. Shaking my head I ran up to her room, Rose close behind me as I opened the doors and stared unbelievingly at the bed.

Beneath the covers was not a vampire, and not a hybrid. She was human, and not just human. Clara was a child. "Mommy? Daddy?" curiosity filled her voice as she sat up, her dark hair long and falling in ringlets around her face adorably. As the rest of the family came up, they saw what rose and I saw. We stepped in at once and Clara jumped out of bed and looked at all of us. "Which one of you is my mommy and daddy?" she tipped her head to one side, staring with her large eyes.