Chapter thirty eight Worst timing ever

I don't think any timing in the world has been so bad. The funeral for Cody just ended, and as I looked down to my phone, I realized that it was also my, technically speaking, eighth birthday. I went up to my room, shutting the door and putting on the first clothes I grabbed. When I looked in the mirror, I fell to my knees with tears in my eyes. It was the outfit I had been wearing the day I met Cody. The black blouse was still as poofy and pretty as it was when I bought it in Seattle almost a year and a half ago. The skinny jeans where just as tight and dark as they had been when I discovered them in the bottom of my closet earlier that school year. I'm not even sure how I still have these clothes, didn't they burn up in the fire?

As I sit on the ground, sobbing into my hands, someone came in and placed their hands on my shoulders. I fell back onto whomever it was, and they lifted me from the ground and wrapped me in something soft. At that point I realized I was in my underwear and not actually wearing that outfit, it was purely an illusion. I was too upset to feel embarrassed, I don't care who it is.

Whoever had been holding me had set me down on my bed, letting me sob myself to sleep, vaguely aware of shuffling coming from my closet.

When I woke back up, the sky was peaceful, the sun was setting, and tons of trees had blown over. I sat up, letting the blankets fall from my body, and to my surprise I was wearing a white tank top and a pair of black leggings. when I looked around my room, I had no idea who had dressed me, placed me in bed, or even known to come in here. I'm virtually invisible to all the powers in the house at the moment.

I walked downstairs in a daze, and when my eyes drifted to the people there I was met with many worried stairs. I was about to ask what was wrong when Alice came forward. "Are you okay?" She asked in a low whisper, though I knew everyone could hear it.

"Yes..." I croaked, and before I knew it, every single Cullen, Swan, Hale, and Black was hugging me, and I was dry crying while being held up by my family members, whom placed me on the couch and where I curled into myself and sank into the cushion. So many people walked by and gave me their condolences, and I took them with numb nods, but not a single thing was working. That's when next to me I saw him. Cody was sitting on the couch smiling at me. I knew he wasn't really there, but it took some of the pain away, seeing him sit there.

He looked to me and smiled. "You're so beautiful." His voice just barely a whisper. It made me smile a little, and then he disappeared and all the pain came crashing back.

I'm not sure how long I sat there, but eventually the house was only those who lived within it, the Egyptians, and the Denali's. "Clara..." I heard Esme's voice faintly, but it barely registered. Next thing I knew my hands where cupped around a cup of hot chocolate and I was getting stared at by both Edward and Jasper.

"She's behind her barriers again... I can't read her mind." Edward I assumed naturally.

"I am unable to control her emotions." Jasper said as usual. What came next was slightly shocking.

"I can't see her future. Its like she is just a shell at this point, not thinking forward, not planning to move. She just is." Alice's voice shocked me, as it did others I assume, because at that point Carlisle was kneeling in front of me.

"Clara..." He said, taking the cup from my hands, that of which where still formed to the shape of the cup. He then also placed a blanket around my shoulders and his hand landed on either side of my arms. "We are here for you." With those words I broke down crying, and found myself crying on his shoulder, retching and sobbing.

"Why does it hurt so much." I cried out, shuddering and just breaking down. Carlisle picked me up bridal style and hushed me, walking over to someone else and placing me in their arms.

"Take her to her room." His voice was quite and gentle. "She will be fine, she just needs rest."

"Come on Slip." Emmet said as I felt him begin to move. There was something oddly comforting about my old nickname. Something familiar that I've been missing for a long time. These people are like family to me, and I'll never let that go. The next thing I knew was that I was laying on my bed. "Everything's gonna be okay Slip." He mumbled, covering me up in my warm covers. I closed my eyes and wept onto my pillow.

When I opened my eyes again, I didn't see Emmett, instead I saw Cody. He was standing there in all his glory. Blood began to spout from his neck, and I watched his head fall off his neck and bounce on the floor, leaving splats of blood where it had hit. I stared in horror, and just as fast as a blink of an eye, there was no blood. There was no Cody.

What is happening to me?

_______________
I have no words to describe this chapter...