Chapter Forty Six Birthdaycakes and Fear

Chapter 46 Birthday Cakes and Fear

I woke up to stiff muscles and an aching knee. I could smell pancakes wafting up from the kitchen and knew Grandma or maybe Auntie Ness was cooking. If it was Grandma then she was making those amazing vegan pancakes I stumbled across in my early days of vegetarianism. I fell in love instantly and Grandma would make them for me every once and a while (considering I was amazingly bad at cooking anything.) I got up slowly and walked to my closet, grabbing my outfit of the day and taking a shower. I dawned the white dress and nude faux leather jacket, followed by a pair of nude flats. My hair was curly and pinned back. I hobbled and limped my way to Grandpa's office, knowing if I didn't get it bandaged up now I would get hell later.

Opening the door I found grandpa sitting there thrumming his fingers on the desk, when he looked up his topaz eyes went straight to the scraped knee. "I fell." I said simply, and after a short chuckle he grabbed the first aid kit from his desk drawer and motioned for me to sit. When I did he walked over and began to dab my knee with a liquid that made it sting. After he attached the bandage he got back up and looked at me pointedly.

"You need to be more careful Clara." He chided me and went back to his seat. "Happy birthday." He smiled at me and held out a box. I opened it and found a beautiful gold chain bracelet inside of it.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I got up and ran over to him, well more like quickly hobbled, and kissed him on the cheek. "Bye grandpa, love you!" I smiled and hobbled quickly put the door and down the stairs, cautious of the steps I normally fell on. I've broken both legs, arms, an ankle, and a collarbone just falling down these stairs. That was in the last two years alone.

I got into the kitchen just as Grandma was putting my pancakes on a plate. She handed it to me and I smiled. We both sat down and she began to sip on her coffee. "I'll be driving you to school honey, Rose is already heading to work and Emmett's still isn't backs form the camping trip with Jasper, Alice, Bella, and Edward."

"Awe, I didn't get to say goodbye." I frowned and took a bite, but smiled quickly as I couldn't ignore how amazing the food tasted. Once I finished eating we headed out quickly, my dark brown bag draped over my shoulder.

I hopped into her little yellow convertible car and we sat there for a moment as she fought with the cover until it went down. "Sometimes I question these." She muttered before taking off. "I'm going to make your favorite flavor cake for tonight." She smiled at me widely.

"Awesome! I look forward to it!" I laughed and smiled as I looked out the windshield.

Once we arrived i smoothed my hair back down and hopped out. "Have a good day."

"Thanks, you too. Love you!" I smiled and began to walk away.

"Clara! Renesmee and Jake are picking you up after school, I've got shopping I need to do."

"Oh. I actually had a plan to go out to the coffee shop with Harry after school, we where going to work on this science project we where assigned."

She smiled at me and nodded. "Okay, I'll tell them they don't need to then. Happy birthday!" With that she was off and I was running to the building.

I got into the main building and ran to my locker where Harry waited, his pale skin standing out in his dark clothes. He saw me and launched off my locker, rushing forward and grabbing my face, crushing his lips into them. The school was always empty when I got here, and that allowed Harry and I at least a little time out of the public eye. "I love you, I will never let that happen again." He whispered ever so lightly.

"I love you too." I whispered back, and then with my hand wrapped in his.

"I got you a cupcake." He smiled and held up the red velvet cupcake. I caved and took it, eating it quickly.

Once I finished we ran out of the school hand in hand and to his motorcycle. Once we sat down and strapped my helmet, he took off, and we rocketed down the road all the way to LePush beach. Once we got there, he took me to the cliffs, where we had spent our first night. We had sat at a camp fire and just chilled.

Being back was eerily amazing, and when he and I sat down with our backs against a rock, and I curled onto his lap, my head on his chest, it made the entire world seem to melt away, and no longer did I have worries, all I had was happiness and him. That is all I really need anyways.

"Happy sixteenth birthday." He whispered to me. His lips found mine and we fell into the kiss, I turned so I was sitting completely on his lap, facing him, and he pulled me closer, so now even the smallest space between us was not even there anymore.

His hands where on my hips, and the ran lower, until he was almost touching my skin below my skirt. He saw the bandage when he pulled away to allow me to breath, and quickly went down and kissed it.

"Does that make it feel better?" He asked me, producing the most adorable pouty face of all the pouty faces.

"A little." I pouted, mimicking his face to a certain extent, and laughing happily with him. "God I love-" My next words where cut off when I was yanked from Harry's lap and yanked back, my neck angled to expose the left side perfectly. I couldn't see who had me, but just judging by Harry's face, it was the man from last night. Fear now rippled through out me crazily.

Harry lunged forward, and after what felt like a minute of being yanked from one person to the next, I became airborne, and suddenly I knew I had been thrown from the cliff. Good thing there is water down there right? No. Wrong. Very very wrong. I can't swim properly.

I hit the water so hard my entire body began to sting, and I fell so deep, I couldn't distinguish up from down. Before I could truly figure it out, a hand grabbed my and yanked me from the water.

When my eyes cleared it was not Harry, but instead a blonde haired man with very very red vampire eyes. I went to scream for help when suddenly Harry crashed down on top the blonde man, smashing into the water.

I was doing everything in my power to keep afloat, I knew that without Harry I wasn't going to get away. I cried out as a hand grabbed my foot, slowly dragging me father and deeper down into the water.

Th water closed over my head and I did everything in my power not to panic. I tried kicking the hand and I even tried to swim, still, nothing. I'm not sure where exactly Harry came from, but suddenly he had ahold of me and he was swimming me up, the hand was still attached to my foot, but it didn't appear there was anything past the wrist.

Once we breached the surface Harry swam me to the shore as I fought for breath, tears and salt water rolling down my cheeks. Harry pried the dead hand off my ankle and held me as I shuddered and cried. "We need to go. Now." He picked me up and ran us back to the motorcycle, getting to his house in a matter of minutes with how fast he was speeding.

He jumped down and grabbed me, getting my helmet off and onto the seat before I could even throw a leg over the seat. He ran me into the house and set me down, explaining everything that's happened to the family that was gathering around. There was something oddly similar to my family when I compared them to his, but I could never point it out.

We burst into action and next thing I knew, I was placed in a car that was speeding down the road. I was still very unsure of what was happening. I looked at the dash and read it said 8:00am For all my parents know I'm sitting in class being good.

"It's all going to be okay Clara." Brígh, Harry's adoptive mother, said with a slight smile. She was a nice lady, her hair long and blonde, her face was round and fat, but she was a very thin and lanky woman. She told me she has been alive for over four thousand years.

"I know." I muttered, when she touched my hand with her cold one, I felt at peace. Brígh had this unique ability, she could change anyone's mood in a second, and they would physically feel it, she can also feel how others feel. The feeling of weariness drifted over me and I fell into a deep sleep, wrapped in Harry's arms.

________

This chapter was intense, and I'm gonna say it right now- I was tempted to make Clara drown.