Chapter Sixteen oh dear god

Chapter Sixteen

My eyes fluttered open and the first face I saw was Cody, concern and relief drawn across his face as she held my body, which I could hardly move, on his lap. "Clara!" He said happily as he pulled me close and hugged me tightly. When he let go and helped me sit up, as I used all my strength, and I saw Carlisle crouching on the other side of me, then all of the Cullens standing in a half circle, Jacob was there too. The next thing I noticed was I was no longer in the circular throne room, I was outdoors with trees rising up wildly around me, if I hadn't known any better I could have sworn I was back in Forks.

"Oh dear god my head hurts." I muttered as I rubbed it with the palm of my hand. "What happened?" I asked, as Cody helped me up slowly. "All I remember is Aro, those two guys that look like they should be wearing powdered wigs, Jane, Alec, and a Sasquatch for a man." I said rubbing my eyes and pulling all my hair to one side.

"There was a fight." Cody said as I wrapped one of my arms around his shoulders and he helped me walk with the Cullens, who were all heading slowly through the forest. "Jane made a move, she tried to harm my mom, and when she realize that grand- Bella," He stopped saying Grandma when Bella shot him a look, as if to say 'I know I'm old, now don't flaunt it!' and he corrected himself, "was using her shield to protect each of us, she must have snapped, because she ran forward and jumped on Bella, Grand- Edward intervened and threw her off, then Aro threw you to the ground and jumped at Carlisle, after that dad changed into a wolf and scared them off, then we picked you up and ran." He summed it all up so quick, it took me a minute to process.

Quick as a whip I looked up, and probably could have given myself whiplash, and to Bella. "Bella, are you okay?" I asked, then came to realize it was a stupid, yet somehow meaningful, question to ask a vampire. Edward smiled, and I didn't really get why.

"She's just like you where Bells." Edward said with a smile. "She's fine, Jane has no effect on Bella's mental shield, so she can not harm her at all." He grinned and ruffled my hair the way Emmet or Jasper did usually.

"What do you mean I'm just like Bella was?" I asked as we inched forward, I couldn't tell wether we where going farther into the forest or not.

"Bella was alway concerned about others, constantly putting her life on the line I save others." Carlisle answered for Edward. "She nearly died three times, and a few times she- well let's just say punching a werewolf by the name of Jacob in the face was one of the things she did in her human years." He said laughing, and Jacob, who's arms where linked with Renesme's, was chuckling and shaking his head.

I laughed lightly at that, and we continued in almost complete silence, and they showed no annoyance to my slow human pace, but when walking became difficult, Cody picked me up bridal style, and they all ran at their swift vampiric speed, and naturally I had I close my eyes, I may not have eaten in about forty eight hours, but I could still throw up something, and I really don't want that to be a lung. I peeked out of one eyes and saw that we had stopped, and once again, I was on a plane, well that was fast. Cody set me down in one seat, and he sat next to me, then Carlisle and Esme sat in the seats facing us, on the other side of the isle Jacob and Renesme sat on one side, and Edward and Bella sat on the other. Then Emmet, Rosalie, Alice, and Jasper all took the two seats that's backs where to Carlisle and Esme on one side, and Edward as Bella on the other. As we sat there, Carlisle examined the bump on my head where I had landed, and then checked eyes, I never really understood why doctors did that, but I guess I was good, so I have no complaints. I leaned against Cody, cuddled up to him and feeling the warmth radiating off him and onto me. Eventually Edward and Bella traded places with Carlisle and Esme, and Edward sat in front of me while Bella looked out the window into the night sky. "You know Clara, you may be more accident prone than Bella was when she was human." He said laughing and Bella punched his shoulder lightly, well what I thought looked lightly by the lack of his reaction. "She was always getting in trouble." He smirked

Jacob intervened. "Like the time she sprained her wrist punching my face." He smiled and laughed, and Bella glared at him, clearly not a very happy memory for her, which meant I want to know nothing of it, I figured that's best after the stairs, gym, and well every other time I fell down distracted. Wait, I always fall down, well that example was a bit bad.

Eventually I fell asleep, as did Jacob, Renesme, and Cody. I was cuddled up to Cody, and his arm was wrapped around my shoulders, and my legs where pulled up to my chest. My dream was peaceful, I was sitting at home, Cody was sitting across from me, we weren't talking, just sitting there staring into each others eyes, and at one point we were holding hands too, but that is about it.

There is nothin more I could ask for... well except to not be hunted down by crazy vampures, but other than that, my life is satisfying, and I wouldn't trade moments like this for anyone or anything.

_______________________

I know, weird chapter, crappy chapter, but it's a chapter. hope you enjoyed, Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukah
Happy Kwanza
Or any other holiday you may celebrate this time of year.