Chapter Twenty Eight: An eventful evening

I sat in a blue chair in front of the window in the Cullen's home, I watched the trees sway and clouds drift lazily across the sky. I heard the Cullens in the other room as Edward and Renesmee played the piano together. They didn't know I was in the house because I have yet to make a single noise, and now my shields are all completely up. The only way they could possibly find me is through sent now. "Clara, is something wrong?" Cody's voice broke me out if my thoughts.

"No, I'm fine, just lost in thought." I smiled at him as he walked over to me and sat down on a chair he brought forth. "I have a lot more room to think now." I reminded him with a little laugh.

He smiled and grabbed my hand, squeezing it gently and looking out the window. I looked out with him, and my eyes landed on a group of vampires and I instantly began to panic, it had hardly been a month after I officially became a vampire, was Aro already sending the Voltori for me!? I tensed, and Cody could feel it, he looked where I was and smiled. "Calm, their friends of the family." He said, then stood, dragging me into the main room where the vampire clan was entering. There was two blonde girls, one brown haired girl, and two brown haired boy vampires, all of which had golden brown eyes.

"Eleazar, Carmen! It's been so long." Carlisle said as he came forward, greeting the brown haired girl and one of the brown haired boys. "Kate, Garret, you too look great!" He said, addressing one if the blonds and the other brown haired boy. "And Tanya! You look wonderful as ever." He smiled and hugs where exchanged with everyone, leaving me standing in the corner alone, even Jacob, who now smelled horrible though my vampire nose, was getting hugs.

That's when the one Carlisle called Eleazar turned to me. "And who is this young vampire might I ask?" He smiled at me and looked back to Carlisle.

"I'm Clara Mellow." I said smiling at him as I answered for myself.

"How old are you?" The one named Garret asked, then grimaced as he got an elbow to the ribs by the one named Kate.

"Uhm... a mix between seven and seventeen I guess..." I said, feeling like an idiot and earning confused looks from the entire clan. "I've only been a vampire for about five months now..." I said and sighed, because that didn't help my explication at all.

"She was a half vampire, like Nessie, then she was bitten and changed." Jacob explained, and totally ignored a glare he earned from Bella when using the name "Nessie" for Renesmee.

"And another shield, Carlisle, your clan seems to have a knack for finding them." Eleazar said with a smile. I have no idea on how he could tell that I was a shield, but I don't like it, not one bit.

"Eleazar can see the powers people possess." Cody said to me as he walked over and stood next to me. Even in the heels that Alice forced me into, which easily made me half a foot higher, Cody still towered over me.

"Oh, cool." I said with a little smile and shook the hand of each of the vampires. I learned that their clan- the Denali's- lived in Alaska and where visiting under urgent matters. It wasn't until Renesmee, Jake, and Cody all went to bed is when they discussed it.

"Clara, you should stay too." Eleazar said when I got up to follow Cody up the stairs. "This does concern you in a way, and now that I have met you, what I'm about to say makes even more sense." I nodded and sat down and crossed my legs and sat with my attention on Eleazar. "It would appear that the Voltori guard is coming, they contacted me recently asking for my alliance."

Edward and Alice then exchanged a look that made me feel uncomfortable. "I had a vision last night. This is just like a hundred years ago, when Ness was a kid." Alice spoke. "When the leaves on the trees are all on the ground, that's when they will be here. They may not listen the way they did then."