Chapter One: New Faces in Forks

Chapter One

My eyes fluttered open and sitting up the world turned sideways, and it took me a second to late to realize I was sliding off the edge of the bed and onto the hard wooden floor. My gray covers falling on my head. I peaked out from underneath the covers and looked at the ocean blue walls of my room. I got up and threw the light gray covers back onto my bed, grabbed a pair of skinny jeans and a black blouse that I had gotten from a clothing store in Seattle last week.

Walking to the bathroom that was all the way down the hall, I took a shower an emerged smelling like strawberries and pomegranate. I threw on my clothes then looked at the perfumes I had sitting on the counter. Mango, Beach, or Hibiscus flowers. 'Lets go with mango, I can smell like a tropical fruit bowl today.' I thought as I sprayed the fine mist onto my clothes and skin then grabbed my deodorant and put it on.

I straightened my hair, which took about an hour because of how dense my curls are, and then applied a modest amount of makeup before walking down stairs.

"Mornin' sunshine." My dad said to me as I entered the kitchen. He was enjoying a bowl of cereal while reading the sports section from the newspaper. My dad was a doctor and when I sat down at the table with toast, I was afraid he would tell me about his latest amputation or emergency heart transplant, but that was the exact opposite. "There's a new doctor at the hospital now." He said with a smile.

"Oh really?" I asked, intrigued and using as much kindness I could on a dreary Tuesday morning.

"Ya, he has some adopted kids that are going the be attending school with you today." He smiled. "I forget their names, but there is a lot of them, and most are in your grade, I think two are a year younger." My dad started rambling, and I couldn't help but smile, because I knew that that was the sign of him not dwelling on my mom. "Sorry honey, my point is you need to be kind, live up to the Mellow name." He said with a proud smile.

"I will dad." I said laughing as I put the plate in the dish washer and grabbed both my keys and my bag. "I got to go to school. Love you! Bye!" I said hugging him goodbye and then walking out my door to the tiny green car with "a rusty accent color" as my friend Justin calls it.

I reach the school, and stepping out of my car, I laid eyes on some new faces in Forks. Nicely, I walked up to the group, they must have been in a really cloudy place before, because they where the palest pale I had seen or a skin tone. "Hi, I'm Clara Mellow." I said to one of the girls. She looked small, and was slightly shorter than me, her brown hair cut to give her a pixie-like look.

She spun around and a huge smile was plastered on her tiny face. "Alice Swan." She said with a smile. "This is my sister Bella." She said taking the arm of the girl next to her, her hair also brown, but wavy and long.

"Hi." She said with a smile, flashing her pearly whites. A tall bronze haired hunk came up behind Bella and looked at me, slightly defensive. "This is my adopted brother Edward." She said, noticing my fright.

"Hello." He said, sounding a little off. "You said your last name was Mellow, right?" He asked curiously.

"Um, yes, actually I believe your dad works with mine at the hosbital." I said, my voice getting quieter as I spoke, one of the bigger ones approached with his arms folded and a blonde girl walking at his side.

"I think Carlisle told us we might meet one of his co-workers kids today." Said the huge one, then looked over and smiled, noticing my fear. "Sorry, I'm Emmet." He gave a full grin. "I'm Eddie's big brother." He said jokingly.

Edward snorted. "More like little Emmy." He said as they began to wrestle and hoarse play around their shiny cars.

The blonde girl walked forward and a blonde boy came out of the car and stood next to each other. "I'm Rosalie Halen." She said kindly, but somehow also in a snooty tone.