Chapter Twenty Seven: How to be a vampire (for dummys)

It took a couple months before I was officially a vampire and my natural clumsiness wore off.

I sat in the kitchen where Renesmee was helping Esme cook for her Jake, Cody, and I (seeming how I still eat human food while the alterations my mother did wore off slowly), when she accidentally slit her finger, it was a small cut, but enough to draw blood. While the rest of the Cullen's where fine, breathing became difficult, my throat began to burn and I had to get up and excuse myself. Even doing that didn't help, I felt myself slip away and I was ready and going for Renesmee, but Emmet's iron hard grip stopped me and Jasper and him towed me out while Carlisle took care of the small cut on Renesmee's hand.

"Clara this isn't you, just take a deep breath." Jasper said in a soothing voice, but it didn't work, my body and mind shields must have come back. I tired to breath in and calm down, but the burning in my throat screamed out and stopped all of my calming. I tried to fight Emmet's grip, but it didn't work. "We need to get her to hunt." Jasper said to Emmet, and before I knew it, Jasper, Emmet, Edward, and Bella where dragging me away from the house.

One bear, two small herds of deer, and three mountain lions later I was calm and my white top and gray jeans where ruined, the stupid bear put up a fight. "I don't know what came over me." I said, I was now perched on a rock with Bella sitting next to me and the boys all in front. "One minute I'm fine and just want something to eat, and then I smelt blood and I- I just... lost it... I wasn't in control anymore." I shook my head and placed my face in the palms of my hands.

"Trip, it is perfectly understandable, I'm just surprised that it took so long for your thirst to come in, even under your circumstances." Jasper said, and I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Ya Slip, you where probably the best of all of us, and that's saying something, Bella turned away from human blood mid hunt, that's similar to what you where trying to do." Emmet added in a somehow proud as reassuring tone.

"Come on Yip, if your full now, we can head back, I'm sure Emmy's used up all the grizzlies in the area, or close to it by now." Edward said laughing, and I hoped down, now more grateful than an ice skating- gymnastics doing-ballerina- cheer leader- dance instructor vampire.

"Alright Clara, lets go." Bella said, jumping down next to me, and we all started running back. Everyone had told me that Edward was the fastest, but when the running had turned into a race, I wound up faster than Edward and all of them.

The next couple weeks where me training on how I be a Vampire. Well if you call goofing off and taking small mental notes "Training."

***

Step one: Don't bite humans, that's mean.

I walked around the mall for five hours, and six people either cut themselves, smelled of blood, or ran into me. I got to the point where I wanted blood so bad, Jasper and Emmet where dragging me away from the food stands where I was biting into ketchup packets I calm my nerves. I had so many strange looks that I almost attacked the hot dog stand with a squirt bottle of ketchup. I am not the normal vampire, we can just establish this now. I still crave human foods, but it comes rarely, and as time goes on it becomes less of a craving an more of a disgust, but there was also once a time where the sight of blood was nothing, but the smell made me sick to my stomach and not hungry at all, now my mouth waters for it.

Step two: Prove Emmet (again) that I am still a newborn and am still (once again) stronger than him.

According to Edward, this happened before with Bella when she was a newborn herself. Now Emmet and I stood behind the house with our elbows rested on a boulder and sitting with a smirk on his face. "Won't beat me this time." Emmet said in a cocky tone. He smiled, those dimples showing prominently, and Edward telling him for the fiftieth time in the last ten minutes that he won't win, but Emmet won't listen. Eventually he gives up and Jasper counts down before the arm wrestling. Emmet pushed as hard as he could, and if we could sweat, he would have burst out and sweat three buckets. He showed clear stuggel, and I decided to put him out if his misery and I just flexed my arm, making him loose an extreme amount, his arm just an inch from the surface of the rock and I smirk at him, then push down with small force, but just enough to make his hand and arm hit the rock and made part of it break.

"I'm still just that good." I said smiling at him and folding my arms and raising an eyebrow. "Now will you stop! Jasper sad that my strength should be normal in a year and you already learned this lesson with Bella!" I accuse and he rolls his eyes.

"Oh ya, them show Edward that your faster than him, first one to Seattle and back wins." He says childishly as he folds his arms, and I won't lie, I was intrigued, as did all the other Cullens seem. Edward and I agree fed on the friendly competition, and behind us people where placing bets, Cody and Jake where the only ones who bet on me (Alice refused to play along because I made it difficult for her to see the outcome), and I was proud that I had at least my boyfriend and his dad on my side. It was absolutely exhilarating, and I got to Seattle in no time, then passed Edward on my way back. I don't know how I was doing it, but I was, and with every long strid, I felt faster and stronger, I felt invincible.

Step three: Don't mess with Alice and Rosalie when they are dressing Bella and Renesmee, they bite.

I made the mistake of walking into the room producing the most giggles when I saw Bella with a frown formed on her face as Rosalie tugged her hair back into an elegant looking updo, and Renesmee with her eyes shut as Alice did the final touches on her makeup. They had just finished up on both, and I was their next in line to be subjected to hours of torture. They both refused to let me wear my usual dark jeans and equally dark to slightly lighter teeshirt. They put me in a tight black dress that wouldn't allow me to breath if I needed to do so, and then a blue leather jacket, Rose straightened my hair while Alice did my makeup, thick black eyeliner lines, pounds of mascara, and then what felt like way to much lipgloss, then I was force into a pair of ten inch blue peep toe pencil heels, that according to Alice she had been waiting to put me in since I was bitten. I was now as agile as the rest of them, but Emmet, Jasper, and Edward all sill joked on and on about my clumsier days before and after my changing.

After my makeover was complete, they all forced Cody to take me out on a date, and now thanks to the heels, I was almost eye level with him, but I guess it's my fault for being five foot six while he towers over me, now finally done growing, at a height of six foot seven. I could still bury my face in his neck when embarrassed, but before I was just burying my face into his shirt and chest.

I loved him, and I guess that's all that matters, that I love him and he loves me. I don't know what the world would be like if I didn't have Cody there to keep me grounded, and make it look like I wasn't extremely uncomfortable with the dress that revealed more cleavage than I thought needed and only came down just below my but when standing. "You look beautiful tonight." Cody said, as if reading my indecisive thoughts and feelings, but I knew the extent of his powers was changing form like his father, and never aging like his mother.

My time as a human is up, and I have to admit, I could not be any more pleased with it being so. My life starts here, and I choose to live it happily.

___________________________

So sorry it took so long, got cuaght up reading and then I had a bunch if things going on, and honestly school comes first for me. This was meant to be a small version of an attempt at comical relief for all that happened, don't worry, I shall start the drama back up next chapter. Update will take a couple weeks. Just keep the votes up, keep commenting and tell me how I can improve, love you guys for all that you do, hope this isn't very confusing!

~SimpleEllegance