Chapter twenty one my new family

Chapter Twenty one

I don't remember falling asleep after the funeral, but apparently I did, because when I woke I found I was still in the black jeans, black blouse, and black boots that I had worn. The funeral for my father was small, only close friends of the family where invited, and we where only able to lay a head stone and put a casket down in the gorund, an empty one, because my father's remains where going under study at a medical facility, his wishes exactly.

The only possessions I was able to get from the destroyed location of which I once called home was the contents in a fireproof safe. that included medical files of my dad's, that where now sadly useless, my birth certificate, shots records, and social security number, all of which Carlisle now had. Then at the bottom of the safe, I found a box and three letters. One in my mom's hand writing, one in my dad's, and then the third one that was taped to the box, in my grandma's hand writing, Angela. The letter from my mother said "When it makes sense." Which made no sense to me, so I set it aside and in a drawer of my desk. The letter from my father said on the envelope, "For each occasion." When I opened it tones of folded up handwritten notes, each one with a different occasion on the cover. All of them except one, the most heart breaking of all of them. "My Funeral" was written in cursive on the cover. I felt like crying, but I had to open it first, I had to hear what he said. When I read it, I was in tears by the end.

Dear Clara,

I hope you do not have to read this until I am an old man, one with many stories I have told you and my grandchildren, but if I died while you where still a teenager, I'm sorry honey. I want you to know I love you. There is something else, I'm sure by now you saw your mother wrote you a note as well, she told me what it was about and I was sworn to secrecy, but she told me something else. I know about your brother and what he is destined to become, and I know what your mother was while she was bed ridden. Honey, if you haven't figured it out already, she was a Vampire, one with many many abilities, ones I still do not know about. I'm rambling I'm sorry, I just want you to know that I'm with your mother now, she loved you very much, and would like you to have this...

At the end of the note there was something taped onto it. I cried harder when I saw what it was. My mother's red heart necklace that she never took off. The only reason she didn't have it on the night she died was, well I don't know. I sighed and put the necklace on, just as I finished the clasp Emmet appeared at my door. "Hey squirt." He said in a voice that was both playful and sympathetic at the same time. "Esme sent me up here to see if you where hungry." He said as he walked over and sat down and looked at me with a brotherly look in his eyes. I folded up the letter, put it back in the evelope, and nodded. We both got up and I wiped my eyes.

Once I was downstairs and sitting at the table with a bowl of soup in front of me I was fighting back the tears. The rest of the Cullen's left, apart from the usual eating party I have. (A/N I don't want to name off Cody Jake and Renesmee every time she's eating so just assume when she is eating that she's with them unless I say otherwise) Murmuring came from the room that they all had gone into, and as time went on and I slowly ate my soup, which I have now realized that it was Camble's Chicken Noodle soup, Jake and Remesmee seemed to add to the buzzing conversation that sounded like jumbled up words to me. I hated how they did that, but I couldn't help but tell it was for the better.

When I finished eating, Cody and I walked upstairs and we sat at the foot of my bed. He wrapped his arms around me and rocked back and forth, humming a sort of lullaby. It seemed to be working because I was calming down and Cody was tucking me in. he stopped humming and went to leave, but I convinced him to stay. He sat down and wrapped his arms around me, then hummed the lullaby sounding song and it lulled my to sleep faster than I would like to admit.

My life has changed, and I could tell that something else was going to happen, and even future seeing Alice wouldn't see what was coming.

___________________

Something big is coming, and nobody will guess what it is. Here's a hint, the next chapter is called "Here we go again."

Vote

Comment

Share

React

TELL!