Forty Eight Hospital kisses and morphine

Chapter 48 Hospital kisses and Morphine

I woke up slowly, the first thing I saw was a pale light coming in my window, the blinds filtering it in in thin panels. I ached all over, and not a single memory came to mind of what had happened. "Clara!" I heard my name and as soon as I went to look and see, I groaned in pain. "No, honey don't move to much." Mom's voice was reaching my ears, and soon her and dad where in my line of vision.

"Do you remember anything?" Dad asked, his hand reaching out and touching me ever so slightly.

"No..." My voice was a mix between a hoarse croak and a crack of a teenaged boy going through puberty.

"You get hit by a car. You ran out onto the cross walk, the car was running the red light, you lost so much blood, fractured your ribs, cracked your sternum, broke your left leg, and managed a sever concussion." Grandpa's voice came into the equation, and soon he was in my sight range too. "Your the only person I've met who could get injured so bad, and wake up two days later." Grandpa shook his head in disbelief.

---

After a few hours Mom and Dad both had to leave, as all visitors had to go home, and grandpa's shift at the hospital ended, he promised he would come back in the morning. I smiled best I could as I started drifting off, but before I could I saw something move out of the corner of my eye, I gasped, tears welling in my eyes as the sudden movement shot pain through me. I was lying flat on my back, with my head turned to the left, as I slowly moved my stiff and uncomfortable neck to see who was there, a kiss crashed onto my lips and every worry I had began to melt away. "I am so sorry." His words where so quite that they where almost drown out by the sound of my heart monitor speeding up. He chuckled lightly and kissed me ever so slightly.

"It's okay." I struggled the two words out. His eyes looked to my neck, and a flash of regret, sadness, and anger shown in his eyes. "What... Happened?" I raised an eyebrow and stared expectantly.

"You don't remember do you?" I shook my head ever so slightly. "He bit you, you where so close to becoming a vampire too." His voice cracked. "You where also extremely close to him draining you." Slowly I moved my hand over to him, sliding it closer and closer, until I laced my fingers with his.

"You. Saved. Me." I specified, adding as much conviction into my voice as I possibly could at this level of weariness and pain. "I love you for that and for so much more." The sentence probably wouldn't have taken a minute to say if I could speak without gasping for breath or wincing in between each syllable.

A small smile cracked on his face and he leaned down and kissed my forehead. "I love you too. Now sleep." He kissed my cheek ever so gently, and as I fell back asleep, through my eyelashes I watched him walk from the room and shut the door ever so quietly.

---

My eyes fluttered open ever so slightly, in the corner of the room my family was murmuring, their voices like a buzz. Images began to flash in front of my eyes, they where faint, moving fast, but they felt familiar. They ended suddenly and I was left confused. I went to move my neck and winced as the bite hurt so bad. I flexed my thumb to the small button in my hand, when I clicked it I heard the morphine drip out, and slowly my eyes drifted shut again as the pain subsided and I felt bliss. I didn't fall asleep, but I did feel lifted, like I wasn't as tethered to the earth as I normally am. "Clara, honey we love you." mom's voice called in my ear gently. A small smile twitched on my lips.

"I love you too." I managed the whisper, feeling myself drift deeper.

"Your safe with us, we will never let you go." Dad's voice came in the other ear. I got a kiss on both cheeks from them. I heard everyone leave the room, and I opened my eyes ever so slightly, jumping a little as I saw Cody, my imaginary friend from years ago standing there.

I gave him a gentle smile and let my eyes drift shut as they grew heavy his hard to hold open. As in lay there, I felt a feathering kiss on my forehead that seemed to be filled with some much love and passion, making me feel happy inside, making me remember love and happiness, and that even in dark times I can Make it through.

I felt a smile break into my face, and after that, the world seemed non-existent, and my dreams where filled with images of my childhood imaginary friends, Cody and Doctor Mellow. I didn't see them any more, but I felt a love of more than just friendship radiate from them. Doctor Mellow made me feel happy, yet sad at the same time. Cody made me feel safe, and loved, yet there was something that made me hurt inside, something that made me want to turn everything off and fall into the in between. Not dead, but not alive. Asleep.

There was something so familiar, yet I could not set my finger on it. They make me feel safe. Loved. Warm. Alive. That's something that even my family can't do to such an effect. Something that set them apart.

---big time jump---

I was released an hour ago, and now I lay in my bed, sighing as everyone fussed about. Once it all died down, Uncle Jake and Auntie Ness came over smiling and sat down. "Here, mom wanted me to give this to you." Auntie Ness handed me a brand new cellphone. "Happy late birthday." She smiled and Uncle Jake pulled something out of his pocket.

"Here. I gave your Aunt Bella this when she was just a little bit older than you but since your way clumsier than her, you need the protection now." He snapped a vintage looking bracelet around my wrist, there was a wolf that was howling on it, next to the wold was a diamond, then a bead the green color of Auntie Ness's eyes, a heart the color of Grandma's bright hair, a pen, a set of weights, a lion, a vintage car (something from the 2010's) a rose, a shield, and last a book. "Each one represents a different person in our family." He smiled at me.

(A/N break down of what represents who if you don't know.
Wolf- Jake (and Cody in a way.)
Green bead- Ness (and Edward kinda.)
Diamond- the Cullen's and Denali's
Heart- Esme
Pen- Jasper (idk why I chose a pen.)
Weights- Emmett (and Jasper too.)
Lion- Edward
Vintage car- Alice (it's her car.)
Rose- Rosalie (duhhh lol.)
Shield- Bella
Book- Carlisle
I just figured you would like the information. Thanks for reading. I actually plan on this chapter being pretty long. Reminder! Please comment and vote, it really helps me. Thank you again. Love you guys.😄:) )

"That's awesome." I smiled as I looked at the charms. I reached forward and lightly hugged them both. Auntie Ness reached for Uncle Jakes hand, and after a second of a glazed look on his eyes, he smiled.

"We're happy you like it." He and my aunt got up and walked away after a moment, and I smiled with bliss. My fractures have almost healed, my concussion is gone- i think, I wasn't really listening when they spoke to me.

_________

Defiantly hope you enjoyed, just remember to comment, vote, and share. You have no idea how much it helps. It makes me happy and it makes me want to keep writing. Comments also help, I do need some input. Please just please vote comment and share. It's a huge help to me, and I really do appreciate it.

Thanks for reading :) :) :)