Chapter Two: Secrets and Lies

Chapter Two

Waking up, I was still a little frazzled by the dream from last night. I got up and grabbed a purple plaid shirt, a grey tank top, and a pair of black skinny jeans. After I threw my thick curly hair into a pony tail and walked down stairs. Glancing in the kitchen I noticed two things, my dad had already left, and I was late. I grabbed pop tarts and ran out the door, all of my books throw in my bag that now saw in the passenger seat of my car and I started driving down the road, thick fog setting in.

By the time I got to school, I realized that my dad had left early for work. There was a small sticky note on my car clock, yanking it off I saw I was an hour early. 'Great. Just great.' I thought as I read the chicken scratch my dad calls hand writing.

Clara, I had to go to work early, Carlisle and I need to preform an emergency surgery. Love you. Have fun at school today. -Dad

I sighed and put my head down on the steering wheel. I sighed and got out my sketch book, doodling the figures from my dream. Every detail of them, from the wrinkles and folds in their pitch black robes. The shadows they emerged from, and the claw like hands, sharp nails, and powdery white skin.

When people started arriving I jumped out and leaned my back against the door as I began to shade in the figures of my nightmare. The Cullen's cars pulled in and screeched to a halt, I smiled at all of them as they climbed out of the cars. Alice began skipping over to me, and Bella walking next to her, wearing the exact same outfit as me, only with the acceptation of the shoes. Instead of black convers, what I wore, she wore tall black heels that fastened into a buckle.

I smiled as they walked over, but a screech caught me off gaurd, and then sent a wave of fear through me. A car had started hydroplaning, on a collision course straight at Alice and Bella. I heard a scream, then realized it was from me and quickly covered my mouth in shock. When the scene cleared, Alice and Bella had backed up a few feet and avoided the car narrowly.

I ran over once it was clear and looked at them worried. "Are you okay!" I said, stupidly, after noticing that there wasn't even a hair out of place.

"Just a little shaken up." Bella said simply, like it was nothing.

"You two could have been flattend, and your just shaken up!" I said in shock, then taking a few deep breaths I calmed down. "Sorry... just, never seen an almost car crash." I sighed.

"It's okay, I understand." Bella said, walking forward and smiling at me. "anyways, did you finish your Biology homework last night?" She asked casually.

"Ya, got a bit of drawing done to." I said waving the sketch book that was still in my hand in the air.

"Ooo, let me see!" Alice said plucking the book from my hand and flipping it open to the page with my pencil shoved in it. When her and Bella looked at it they seemed uneasy.

"I know it's not good." I said looking down at the wet ground.

"No-no it's good!" Alice insisted. "It's just... very.... ominous." She said hesitantly. "What exactly gave you the idea for this?" She asked curiously.

"Umm, it was part of my dream last night... not really sure why I dreamt it but I did." I said shrugging and going to take it back slowly. When I went to pull it from Alice's hand, Jasper's swooped in and grabbed it, him and Edward stared at it, and Alice's face went blank. I waved my hand in front of her face to get her attention but she remains out of it, and Edward seemed to tense up. "What's going on?" I asked looking at Bella and seeing she was deep in thought. 'This is seriously confusing!' I thought exhausted and aggravated. Emmet, Rosalie, and Cody all walked up. 'Great, just what I need. More people to ask questions.' I thought, crossing my arms to hide my shaking hands. I hated secrets, especially when they are about something I drew! Cody got one glance and tensed up instantly, Emmet and Rosalie on the other hand speculated it for a couple minutes, murmured unintelligible words that, apparently, the others had heard and replied to, then all of them except Cody grouped up and talked about it.

I hesitantly moved closer to him. "w-what's going on?" I asked, but instead of an answer I got a blank stare. "Cody! Please." I said, my voice becoming louder than it had ever been.

"I'm sorry Clara, I-I just can't." He said shaking his head, his hair moving slightly from side to side.

"Fine!" I said snatching my sketch book from Edward's hands and storming off to biology. I know it's probably an over reaction, but I wasn't getting answers and it was obviously a big deal.

Sitting down on my stool in biology, and placing my book bag on the ground next to it, I crossed my arms quickly and laid my head down on the counter. "Hey... Clara." I heard Cody's voice come from next to me, and a gentle poke on my arm, peeking out I saw that it was a pencil he was poking me with and Edward and Bella had turned around to look at me from their seats.

"Leave me alone." I muttered, closing my eyes and letting my bangs fall in front of my face.

"Please let us talk to you." Bella said, in a consoling voice. "It's very important."

I didn't speak, I wasn't in the mood to. 'What's going on?' I thought desperately. 'Why did Alice zone out? Edward freeze up? Why is all of this happening!' I thought, frustration and anger washing out my confusion. It's all to much. I stood up, grabbing my book bag off the ground, and walked out the door, leaving the Cullen's with shocked faces, and Mr.Gale with a confused one.

I ran out to my car and slid in the drivers seat, my book bag thrown onto the seat. My sketch book was just poking out of the opened end, by impulse I grabbed it and fished for a pencil. Once I finally found one I flipped open to an empty page and began to draw. I drew a pair of human eyes, well they looked human. Dark black hair shrouding the outline of the face, the mouth without emotion, but the eyes showing the darkest look I had ever seen. I fished around in my bag for my colored pencils and pulled out the darkest red one by impulse. coloring the burgundy color around the dark pupils and then switching for a bright crimson, I blended the two colors together carefully. After I finished the drawing I looked at it closely and gasped, dropping it onto my lap.

There was a gentle tap on my window and I jumped looking over. Edward, Bella, and Cody where all standing there looking at me from the other side. "Are you okay?" Bella asked me as my heart raced. Without thinking I opened the door and jumped out, my sketch book falling and Edward grabbing it before I could react. As soon as he looked at the picture he froze, and Bella and Cody looked at it, Bella mimicking his reaction but Cody stared at me confused.

"WHATS GOING ON!" I yelled at them, my fists balling up at my sides. Anger pumped through me, along with enough emotions to make me feel conflicted.

"Clara please-" Edward began before I cut him off.

"NO! I will not calm down! This is freaking me out! Why do you guys keep acting like that? Is my drawing really that bad?" I asked, desperately trying to find an explanation to their reactions.

"No no no, it's perfect, it's just...." Bella struggled to find words to fit the stituation.

"Exactly." I said pulling my sketch book from Edward's hands and storming off with my books to my next class. I was lucky enough to have missed gym and been able to skip to art, a subject that none of the Cullen's had with me. I sat down in my seat and started drawing flowers and other innocent things to get my mind off the dreams. I turned my back to the rest of the class and eventually I fell asleep with my head on my arm next to my sketch book.

My dream was absolutely horrible. I saw feet, walking on glass, blood covering the floor. The image moved up, and it was me walking. My pace turned into a painful run, but no matter how fast I ran, I knew I wouldn't win. I looked behind me and the cloaked figures where standing there, right in front of me. The one in the middle removed his hood and revealed the pale skin on his face, the long black hair, and the crimson red eyes. I gasped, and his hand shot out around my throat, lifting my glass impaled and bleeding feet from the ground with ease. I was shocked beyond words, let alone sound. I saw the two others lower their hoods, both with pale skin and crimson eyes. One a blonde girl, with a cruel and twisted face, but looking childish at the same time. The other appearing similar, but with brown hair and a stern look. Pain enveloped my body and blackness shrouded my vision. "Run." I heard the whisper in my ear and my eyes shot open.

Sitting up straight I looked at the sketch pad, drawings from my dream covering the page not short of one detail. The bell rang and I gathered my stuff, running to lunch. I am going to get answers one way or another.

______________________________________

Not much of a cliff hanger, but if you have read my other books, you know there is more to come. Please comment and tell me what you think is going on, and vote please!

Also: so sorry that it took so long to do this update, I do have school and all.

VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE PLEASE!!