Chapter 139: Change The Fate's Design

October 31st. Halloween.

Fantasia had dressed up, but not for the holiday. Fantasia had dressed for the celebration

It was the eve before King Arthur's wedding (again)! The trees burned pink, yellow, orange, and red. They sky burned blue. The sun was warm. The breeze was cool. And everyone was reasonably confident that King Arthur would marry without getting (1) cursed by his bride or (2) raided by Vikings.

Second time's a charm.  

The "Royal Wedding" was scheduled for November 1st, and the guest list was tiny. Arthur had invited Merlin (to be his best man), Merlin had invited Archimedes (to be his +1), Amalthea had invited Odette (to be her Maid of Honor), Odette had invited Schmendrick (to be her +1), and Headmaster Mickey was officiating the ceremony.

That was it. The royal advisers had condemned his decision, but Arthur put his foot down. Literally. Right on Master Cogsworth's toe.

  Arthur had swiftly apologized to Master Cogsworth before continuing.   

"Amalthea and I want a small wedding. Ours vows will be spoken to each other, not the entire kingdom. Our people can wish us well when Amalthea is crowned queen at Camelot."

Yes it was reverse order. Arthur planned to marry Amalthea after declaring her queen.  But everything was happening at Camelot so --

Camelot? 

What is Camelot, you ask?

Camelot was King Arthur's new home. Camelot was King Arthur's new castle. Camelot was King Arthur's new court. Camelot was the capital of King Arthur's realm. It was a symbol of the world he was trying to build.

Camelot had been inspired by Schmendrick's campfire story. Arthur had resurrected the ancient ideals of Camelot and (with Amalthea's help) he brought them to light.

First, he destroyed the Great Wall. He opened Fantasia to the Otherland.

Down went the Great Wall! From the rocks, Arthur's new castle came. The castle was built EXACTLY one-half in Fantasia and EXACTLY one-half in the Otherland. 

Yes EXACTLY. The Seven Dwarfs measured. And measured. And measured. They finally finished the castle in seven days – slow for them. But Arthur was so anxious that they get it right, he had started to micromanage.

That didn't sit well with the Seven Dwarves.

"Yes King Arthur we are CERTAIN your castle is EXACTLY one-half in Fantasia and EXACTLY one-half in the Otherland! Gosh darn it! Quit bugging us! Buzz off!"

Arthur reluctantly buzzed off. Amalthea calmed the Seven Dwarves. They decided to remain friends.

Then came the fun stuff.

Knights. King Arthur's Knights of the Round Table.

Oh yeah. All capitalized. They were that remarkable.

"I dub thee, Sir Garrett." Arthur had smiled, gently gliding Excalibur from Garrett's shoulder to Kayley's. "I dub thee, Lady Kayley. And I dub thee Sir Shrek – "

"Hold yer horses Artie!" Shrek had dodged, his grin extra crooked for the king. "There's no turning back after this! Sure ye want an ogre knight errant?"