Family Dinner

Tobias's POV
My mother has asked me to come over for a family dinner. It was for some reason, easy to forgive her. I'm still getting used to the the fact that my parents are here. Marcus and I still aren't on good terms.
Tris is front of the dressed mirror doing her make up. She's gotten better at it over the years. I don't think she needs it though. She's beautiful with and without it.
She finishes and picks up her phone and bag. I pull her to my chest. I like it when she wears heels. I lean down and kiss her.
"You sure you want to do this?" She asks me, concern clear in her eyes and voice. I nod.

When we get to my parents apartment, Tris looks up at me. Making sure I'm okag once again. I smile. I lift a fist and knock on the door. Marcus aswers and lets us in. To my surprise he doesn't look at Tris in an inappropriate way. He reaches to shake my hand. I just look him in the eyes.
My mom comes out of their room. When she see's Tris and I her eyes light up. She looks at Tris and smiles. Maybe its because Tris is wearing grey. They hug. I'm happy they get along.
"Hi hunny," she tells me. I smile. Marcus announces that dinner is done. For some reason I'm not eating and am keeping my head done like I used to when I was little. I wasn't a loud talk at the table, eat until he was done, and had to keep my head down.
"Son, why aren't you eating?" He asks me. I life my head and nod once. He knows exactly why. We eat in silence. Its so different between from Tris and I have dinner together. We talk, hold hands, laugh, but my mom and Marcus just sit there.

After dinner we all go to their living room. I can tell Tris feela weird around Marcus. I don't blame her; I do too.
"Well, it was nice having you over for dinner," he says. He offers his hand to Tris, but she takes a step near me. I give him a cold stare. We say good bye to my mom and go home.

"That was awkward," she says. I groan as I drop into the bed. "Are you okay?"
"I an now. I know that he can't hurt me anymore. I'm way stronger than him, but memories come back and I feel like I'm a little ten year old in the coat closet. What happened at dinner is what I used to have to do at dinner," I tell her. She just kisses my head and we fall asleep.

AU: No