Goodbye

Tobias's POV
After last night, I definitally don't want to leave
I asked Max how long this will last, he just said, 'Until we win.' I know he's trying to be positive, but I'm freaking out. I'm meeting up to talk to Al near the casm to talk about something.
"Hey," I hear Tris's sleepy voice say. I smile at the remembrance of what she's wearing. Nothing. When she looks up at me I see that her eyes are still red and her cheeks are puffy. I don't want to leave her.
"Hey Luv," I say. She gives me a smile, but it fades as soon as it was there. "Its gonna be okay," I tell her. She hugs my chest. I press my lips to her head, taking in her lovely sent.

"Hey Al," I call out. He grins. I don't want to do this, it feels wrong. "I'm leaving. I have to go fight the allegiant and some guy named David. I need you to do two things for me." He looks shocked.
"What is it?"
"One. You said that you were with the Allegiant when we all thought you were dead and they trained you. I need you to tell me whats the main thing they will use against us," I say.
He thinks about it. It looks as if something in him clicks. "Kids and memories. They have a certain serum that they use when these types of things happen. What it does is take all your great, happy memories and they come to you like a slideshow. The kids. They will take a kids life if you don't give up yours. Stay behind them. That's the best thing you can do."
"Here's the last part," I say. He nods. "Tris. If I don't make it, I need you to make sure she takes care of herself. That she moves on and finds love again. Tell her I wouldn't want this for her; I'd want her to be happy," I say. He looks down and nods.

We're all meeting in the pit. Turns out Uriah and Max are coming as well. Marleen is crying into Uriahs chest. Tris is looking up at me, not saying a thing. I want to stay here with her and make a life together. We started one, we need to finish it.
"Tris, I love you. I will right you every chance I get. If I don't make it back-"
"Don't say that, Tobias," she says, saying my name in a low voice so no one here's. I cup her cheek in my hand.
"Just listen. This isn't easy for me to do. Just, if I don't make it back, listen to Al. Take what he says and listen," I say. She looks confused but agrees. She leans up and kisses me. Tears rush to my eyes in knowing that this could be our last kiss we share together. Ever.
I say goodbye to every one and go to Max. We leave. Tris gave a pin that I haven't looked at yet. When we get to the truck thing I look down at what she gave me.

         I love you Tris

I love you Tris.
AU: I feel evil for doing this. Next chapter will be a little time jump. How do y'all feel about me bringing Uriah?? Please comment your thoughts and ideas for later chapters. Be brave 🔪🔪🔪