Babies?

Tobias's POV
Tris is laying on my bare chest, her soft bare skin on mine. Today out baby would have been two months. Yes, okay, she was pregnant, but it didn't last. She had a miscarriage from natural causes and we've been trying ever since. It hasn't worked yet.
I can tell that Tris is tired. I know that sometimes when your tired you just give up and I can't let her do that. I understand if she changed her mind about having kids cause she's not ready, but not if its because she's just loosing hope. I swear I've been thinkinh about getting checked, just to make sure that this isn't because of something that has to be with me. I have the appointment for today.
I feel Tris start to move so I kiss the top of her head. She gives a small smile. Even after so long (two years almost three) she still takes my breath away.
"Hey baby. How do you feel?" Her smile fades. She shrugs and reaches for my shirt from last night, throwing it over her small head once she's got it.
"I have to go in for qork today, but I should be home around seven thirty. I'll come home during break and make dinner form you," she tells me. Even her voice is tired.
"It's okay. I'll go down to the dining hall." She nods. She gets up and makes her way to the barhroom. I really wish things wouldn't have to go throw this.

I make it down to the infirmary. They call my nickname after about thirteen minutes of waiting next to a little boy who looked a hell of a lot like Eric. Weird.
I sit on the table thing and listen to what the doctor has to say. I do everything he tells me to and soon enough, he comes in with the results.
"Okay Mr.Four, sonwe ran tests and it comes put that there is nothing wrong with you. It's just something that's going on in your wife," he tells me. I look down at my hands. Thank God it's not me even though I would rather it be me than her.
"Any questions?"
"Yes ummm, do you have any idea what could be going on with my wife?" I ask, my voice full of concern.
"Has your wife ever had a history of any miscarriages?" I nod. "Has she gotten pregnant since then?" I shake my head. "Well, there are various possibilities. She could just not be ovulating. However, she should get tested. All they sometimes do is an ultrasound," he explains. I thank him and leave.

Around dinner time Trid finally gets off work and meets me in the dinning hall. We sit down with our friends. Raelee looks really happy about something.
"Whats going on with you, Joker?" Tris asks. She smiles, but I can tell its forsed. Raelee looks at Luke, her smile growing even wider.
"I'm pregnant," she announces. We all congratulate her and Luke. At least Tris will be an aunt, but I know its not the same.
"Well, there goes my announcement," Christina says. Wait? What?? "I'm pregnant!!!" She shouts. Now we all congratulate her and Will. Tris must be breaking right now.
"Now I just need Tris to get pregnant so our children can grow up together," Will says. Tris looks at Christina. We never told anyone about the failes pregnacy while she was pregnant. When we were going to, it became too late.
"I've got to go home," Tris says. I follow her home. As soon as the door opens her knees give out and she's on the ground crying. I pick her up bridal style and go over to the couch. She cried into my shirt.
"I'm tired Tobias," she says, lifing her head up and staring into my eyes. "I just want to give up," she whispers. I shake my head.
"No. We can stop for a while, but I don't want you to give up. I've found things out threw this," I say.
"Like what?"
"I had told during your initiation that to protect you wasn't my first priority, it was to push you to your breaking point," I say. "Well, now thats changed. Protecting you is and always will be my first priority. I've now seen your breaking point, and you are one strong woman," I tell her. She gives me a weak smile.
"I went to the doctors to see if what's happening is because of me, but I'm find. He thinks though, that you should set up an appointment. All they do is an ultrasound," I say. She looks down at my wedding band.
"I'll set it up. But tonight, I want to try again," she says. I nod. I walk us into the bedroom and things happen from there.

AU: Yeah, another chapter!! So, I'm just going to make this clear. I like to acknowledge the fact that some people have trouble having kids. I see a whole bunch of stories with her getting pregnant, but none like this. For some people this is life and I wanted to interoperate that in this story. I hope y'all liked it. Please comment your thoughts and ideas for later chapters. Be brave 🔪🔪🔪