Take My Hand

Tobias's POV
I'm going to do this. I'm scared but it's so worth it. I want to spend the rest of my life with her. Was this just a sper of the moment thing? No. I've been planning on proposing for a while.
Christina and I went to the pit to go look for rings. I ended up getting a ring that I thought would be perfect for her.
I went home and got everything ready for tonight. Tris is still asleep so it's gonna be great. While Christina and I were in the Pit I got some candle holders that each have a letter on them. I got the ones that will spell 'Marry Me.' I hope she doesn't say no. Honestly, I do feel weird about doing this without asking for her fathers blessing, but they are in a different faction and I don't think he likes me that much.
Once I hear the bed move, I turn off all the lights so the only light is the glim coming from the candles. I stand near them. The bedroom door slowly opens, revealing a newly awaken Tris. She is so beautiful.
"Tobias?" She asks when she sees me. She probably hasn't seen the candles yet. I move over a little so she has a better view of them. She gasps.
"Tris," I say walking next to her. I grab her hands and go down on one knee. She's now crying. "Tris, I want to spend the rest of my life that is. I promise to never hurt you. Your insecure, I don't understand how, but I will always try and make you feel as beautiful as you are. Before you, I was a heartless, broken, cold instructor that transfered from Abnegation."
I pause for a second because my eyes get watery at the sight of her crying. "My father, who would abuse me, always told me I was unworthy of love and was worthless. I belived him. You came and you taught me that I am worthy of love and other things. I was going to leave Daughtless and be factionless along side my mom. You came and I knew I had to stay. There was this fire in you that has never gone away. I will always hold your hand and, fuck, I'd hold your damn purse if you had one in the middle of the Pit," I say, chuckling at the end. "What I'm trying to say is that I love you and thats never going to change. So, Tris Prior, will you become my wife?"
I take the ring out of the pocket of my jeans and stare up at her. She's still crying. She tries to put herself together. She frantically shakes her head no, making me worry. "Thats a really stupid question. Yes, will marry you. Your also not ever getting your last name back," she says. I laugh at the end. She pulls me up by ny collar. She share a love filled kiss. She's gonna be my wife.

AU: So, yeah. Thats what he was gonna do. I hope you enjoyed it. Please comment your thoughts and ideas for later chapters. Be brave.
(P.S. Who wouldn't want a Tobias Eaton?? 😂)