Chapter 26

Edward's p.o.v:

I laid there, a beautiful angel sleeping peacefully, in my arms. I sighed, her hair shifting slightly. She frowned and moved her head a little, towards me.

I chuckled and kissed her delicate forehead, breathing in her wonderful scent. I pulled my head back, smiling. I looked down at her and she was smiling, her eyes fluttered open gently, revealing her beautiful emerald eyes.

"Well that's a good way to wake up" She smiled gently. I smiled my crooked smile, and I heard her heart rate starting to go faster.

She crawled into my chest, I wrapped my arms around her small body and pulled her into my embrace. She leaned back, sighing as her back hit my chest.

I smiled gently and pressed my face into her chocolate brown hair, it smelled like coconuts, her favorite shampoo.

"Have you ever wondered that your mother is still alive? Like in spirit form and she is watching over you?" Gabbie asked, deep in thought.

I nodded and murmured,

"All the time...I know she is happy where she is and would like to stay there, watching over me and guiding me to the right path" I sighed.

"I want her back though...I never even got to actually know her long. I'm happy she loves me enough to sacrifice her life for me but, sometimes I wish...I was the one who died."

I gasped, getting angry that she would even think about that?

"Your mother lived her life when you haven't even started your life" I said, trying to hide my anger.

**Gabbie's p.o.v**

I sighed, turning around so I could look him right in the eye.

"But, I just wish she didn't have to die...My father should have not her" I growled, tears spiking the edge of my eyes.

"Gabbie, they would ended up leaving anyway..Wasn't it better to die for something you love?" He asked softly and gently.

I shrugged, looking down.

"I guess" I sighed, wishing my mother was right beside me. I closed my eyes and I couldn't help it, tears streamed down my face..

Edward grabbed my chin, pulling my face up to look me in the eye. He frowned and I could see the pain in his eyes. He took his thumb, wiping away my tears.

I fell into his chest, sobbing lightly.

"I want my mom" I whispered into his chest.

He just rubbed my back and murmured,

"I know Love"

and I fell back into sleep, my mother kissing me goodnight and murmured,

"I love you" and it felt, as if she was really there.

**Next Morning**

I woke up and my throat was all dry and my nose was stuffy. I rolled over, seeing a smiling Edward staring at me loving.

I giggled and blushed, a deep rose. I sighed and sat up, standing up. Edward was about to speak but I held up my hand, signaling to give me a minute.

I walked into the bathroom, brushing my teeth and hair. Blowing my nose, and washing my face. I smiled and walked back into my room, feeling much better.

"Okay" I smiled.

He chuckled and shook his head, picking me up gently and setting me in his lap.

"And what was that about?" He said, his eyebrows raised.

I smiled and shrugged, looking into his dark golden eyes.