Chapter 21

(Unknown's P.O.V)

A knock sounds at my bedroom door. I keep note of what I'm wearing. Just my dark green nightgown.

"Come in." I sternly say, upset that someone had come wake me up.

A guard, one of my Hunters walks in, but it's not one of the full Hunters. "My lady, you have company."

I instantly perk up to the mention of company. "Tell them I'll be down in a bit."

He nods and exits my room. I get out of bed and slide on my slippers. I make my way to my closet that holds my gowns.

After I get fully clothed, I make my way to the front of the castle.

•~~~~~•

"Maheela, what are you doing here?" my voice full of surprise that my sister had come home early. "Do you have the baby and Emma?" I pause for a minute, noticing a small scratch on her neck. "What happened?" upset to see that she had failed the one thing I had asked her to do.

"Ivy, I believe the baby's mother took him-"

"What?" I cut her off. "What do you mean you believe the baby's mother took him? How did Emma even find where you were?"  

Maheela winches at my anger, nervously folding her hands in her own.  "Ivy, let me explain." she pauses.

I look at her, angry about the one thing I asked her to do and she messes up. I roll my eyes at her and motion for her explanation.

She gives me a sad smile. "So, I had the baby in my arms while I was outside standing by a fire, like I have been doing for the past couple of days. The next minute, the baby disappears from sight and was no longer in my arms. A sharp object was pointed to my neck and I was told that if I were to ever touch the baby again, that she would kill me." worry spread across my little sister, knowing how upset I'd be that she had been threatened by the one thing I need the most.

My rage grew to every word she said.

"Oh, another thing Ivy." her hands began to shake as she held it up to point out her last comment. "This might make you even more upset, but she had also called me rouge." Maheela bluntly states, shaking a bit.

My little sister is not a rouge, she has a home that she lives in! "She what?" I yell out. "She will be tortured when I get my hands on her, but right now, we need her here so we can take over this dimension. The only one who can help me do that is Emma Parker. She is the most powerful being out of all the dimensions. Her son following behind her." I turn to leave, ready to send a team of Hunters to kidnap Emma again.  

"Ivy," she says reaching her hand to grab my arm. "When I was trying to break the shield around that town, I saw three people from here in there."

Concern drew over me instantly, worried that the one person I had loved the most turned against me. "Who, Maheela?"

"Victor's and his mom Meana, and Loiyd."

I stumble back a bit when she said Loiyd's name. The words stung throughout my body.

Loiyd and I used to be in love when the both of were younger. We were together for eight years. The reason we aren't married today is because of me, I broke our one promise.

I had promised him that'd I'd do no evil. I was destined to turn evil like my father, you can't always break destiny. I broke our promise because I had killed someone. I killed his family. I was forced to.

My father never liked Loiyd, for he was good. Father knew about my promise, so he made me break it by killing his family.

When Loiyd found out I had killed his family, we got into an argument. Everything about me had darkened by the time he got to me. He said that we were done and that he never wanted to see me again. So I told him, if I ever saw him or if any of my Hunters saw him, he'd immediately be thrown in jail.

I had seen him a day later in the garden, watching me through my window like he always did.

"Ivy!" Maheela yells, snapping my thoughts in two. "It's not time to think about him. What's done is done." her face was almost testing, but I pushed it aside.

"Maheela, sometimes you forgets this. We were together for eight years, then dad made me do the most terrible thing in the world. I still love him, Maheela! I always have!" tears started to fall, broken to the very fact that I still love him.

"Then change!" she threw her hands in the air, defeated. "Father is dead, he has been for two years. He has no control over you now. I think you forget that!" she pointed out what I had also forgotten. "I'm sure if you clean out your wardrobe and get new clothes, help our community, and go see Loiyd for yourself, he'd take you back. If not, then you can at least change your destiny." her face twists in worry, her breathing had become heavy. She was upset with me.

"Let me think about it."

•~~~~~•

"Loiyd." I say, wearing a blue-green floral day dress. My blonde hair curled and make-up done nicely, thanks to Maheela.

He turns around. He notices Victors father next to me. "Ivy!"

"Yes?" his fear catching me off guard.

"Loiyd!" Victor yells as he runs over next to him. "You won't believe what just happened!" he stops next to him and looks right at his dad. "Dad."

His dad just nods.

"I'm gonna leave you two alone. Dad, can we talk?"

His dad nods again and they walk off somewhere to talk.

"How did you get in here?"

"Loiyd, I've come to apologize. Three years ago, I did an awful thing, I forced by my father to do it. Now that he is dead and can no longer in control me, I decided to change. I did it to be with you again."

"Your sister talked to you, that's good." he says, nodding his head.

"What do you mean?"

"Victor noticed a presence from someone that belonged to our world. Emma confirmed it with me. I sought out your sister and told her the things I presume she told you."

"Maheela never told me she talked to you." my face begins to scrunch up.

"That was part of the plan. You know, I've been expecting you."

"So, you are gonna take me back, right?" I say as I start to get anxious.

"More than that." he gets down on one knee. "Ivy Hendrickson, I've loved you from the day I first saw you in that window of yours. If you really have changed, will you marry me?"

"Loiyd, I-I. Yes!" I run to his arms after he places the light green diamond ring, native to our world, on my finger.

"I love you, Ivy." he says while holding my hands and looking right into my eyes.

"I love you too, Loiyd." I reply as I embrace him in a hug.