Chapter 20

(Emma's P.O.V.)

The wind brushes past my ears, whistling it's tune. Leaves and sticks crumbling and cracking with every step of my paws. Occasionally jumping over fallen trees or logs. My tail leaving a frost trail.

Yeah, I'm moving so fast that I'm leaving a trail. So, everyone who's trying to stop me from reaching Houston knows where I've been.

Oh, I forgot to mention this. When Axel told me where Tyler was, I shifted and made a run for it out the front door.

Most of the way to Houston is made up of trees thankfully. I've also been through other pack territories. So, I'm being chased by other wolves too. Not the greatest moment to be in when trying to save your child.

Emma! it was Axel.

Emma! it was Tre.

Emma! Emma! Emma! Emma! Emma! Emma! Everyone from Pony Fair, that's after me, keep filling my mind with my name.

I reach the end of the woods. I try to stop, but just fall into the road, unable to obtain the speed.

A semi approaches and the driver honks the horn. I just lay there in fear that I'm actually going to die.

Before I know it, I'm being thrown into the woods on the other side of the road.

Axel and Tre tower over me, snarling in anger.

What they don't expect is my wolfy grin. They look at each other, confused.

This is my chance, my chance to take off again. Time to go stealthy mode on them. And so I do. I take off again.

By time I'm halfway through the woods, I catch Tyler's scent. I slow my pace to a walk and step like there's one stair so I'm floating in the air. Something I love to do very much. Doing this makes me feel like I'm flying.

As I near the place Tyler's scent is coming from, I see a woman holding a sleeping Tyler. I growl lowly, infuriated with the woman holding my little boy.

Someone must have noticed my growling, because they started looking around.

In a split second, I'm standing over Tyler, already shifted back to normal. He smiles at me, him only able to see me, and let's out a happy squeal.

I take my hand in a position of summoning my ice spear. It finally appears in my hand. I place the spear to the woman's throat.

She panics a bit and swallows, the tip of the blade penetrating the surface of her skin.

It'll be okay Tyler, it'll be okay. I say to him.

I take him in my arms and he disappears from her sight. The spear now pricking her throat even more.

The wind shifted, the smell of rotting flesh hitting my nose. I bring my mouth to her ear. "Touch my son again, rouge, your head ain't go'n be attached to that pretty neck of your's." I threaten before I take off one last time.

•~~~~~•

Axel, I've got Tyler. I say almost out of breath. Tre, call off the search parties.

Okay. is all Tre says to me.

Emma, where are you? Is Tyler alright?

He's fine. I pause for a moment, just looking at a sleeping baby boy. We're at home.

I'm so happy Tyler's back, safe and sound. I have a family again.

That woman though. She looked familiar or at least she seemed familiar.

I leave Tyler's nursery and head to the kitchen. I open a cupboard door and grab my coffee mug that has a bunch of running horses on it. Walking over to the coffee pot, I notice someone coming to the front door.

Shortly after I've poured the coffee in my mug, the person knocks on the door. I walk over to it, but walk slower than normal, happy to have things back to the way they were. As soon as I reach it, I open it and Loiyd's face appears.

"Loiyd, what are you do'n here?"

"Did you find your son?" he walks in.

I open the door a little more. "Yeah, he's sleep'n right now, why?" I say, shutting the as I watch him walk to the kitchen table.

"Victor noticed that something's off. A sort of force that's trying to break your protective wall." using hand gestures to explain.

"You know, I noticed that somethin' is off too. When I arrived in Houston to get Tyler, there was a woman hold'n him. She looked familiar, but I couldn't put a pin on it. She had this royal force on her, but still smelt like rotting flesh." I start to pace the floor with my coffee in hand.

"Can you show me? What she looks like I mean."

I stop dead in my tracks, but I give him a nod. I walk closer to him and place my hand on his shoulder to show him the woman I saw.

•~~~~~•

"Axel! Where's Tyler?!?"

Tyler wasn't in his nursery when I had gotten there. At that moment, I thought that Evil Queen Ivy's half sister took him back.

"I have him! We're in the livin' room, why?" his voice very stern to my concern of Tyler's whereabouts.

I bolt out of the nursery and to the living room. My hair flings around when I turn corners. As soon as I reach the front of the house, I stop when I see Tyler in Axel's arms.

Axel looks like a wonderful father, looking at Tyler like that.

He looks over at me, lifting his eyebrows as he smiles.

Oh no, he's looking at me. I blush with my head down. I walk up to him and look over his shoulder to see Tyler.

Axel turns his head a little to me and plants his lips on mine.

"What. Do you. Think. We should do. Now?" Axel says in between kisses.

I take Tyler in my arms and sit on a spot next to Maksim. "I don't know, just be a family for now."

Axel picks up Maksim and sits down beside me. "Okay."