Chapter 22

(Emma's P.O.V)

A soft knock sounds at my office door.

"Come in." I say, still working on some paperwork that had to be done for this years rodeo.

Loiyd walks in and a woman follows suit. I stiffen, that familiar scent hitting my nose. I look up from my paperwork. "Loiyd, what brings you here to my place?"

"Well, I wanted you to meet Queen Ivy." his hand was locked in hers.

Wait, did he just say Queen Ivy? So she is the one who wanted to use me. Take my son away from me. Abuse me for my power. Why is she wearing a beautiful day dress and holding hands with him? 

The connection between the two of them hit me. Has she really changed?

I stand up, a bit confused. "What is go'n on here Loiyd?" I hide The Book in the process of standing.

This Ivy looks over to Loiyd. "People here really do have a strangest accent." she laughs.

"Well, welcome to Texas." I say, sort of intrigued. I turn to Loiyd. "Loiyd, would you please explain to me why I shouldn't rip this woman to pieces?"

His eyes widen. "Emma!"

"She has a point, Loiyd. I, including my father, were actually quite brutal to her." she looks down at her feet. "It's better if she hears it from you anyway." she mumbled a few words to herself.

I begin to grow eager, needing to hear that she was truly sorry for the things she had done to me.

She looks up at me. "Emma, I understand that you're upset and that you don't want me here. The things I did was wrong, not humane. My father was a bad man, pushing me to stay to his side. I know now that, that was all wrong. I hope you can forgive me."  

•~~~~~•

After Loiyd's explanation, a peace treaty was written and signed, so the two dimensions are allied. The Book of Truth's theory about the 'Evil' Queen Ivy happened to be correct.

As far as I know, it's been a long year and still have more to life as I know it.