Chapter 12

(Astro Millwalkiee's P.O.V)

"Sir, there's been a breach." my brother informs to me as he walks in.

I take my eyes off the papers I was looking at. "Where?"

"Main gate, Sir." he starts to tense up.

I stand from my chair in anger. "How the world was it breached?"

"I-I-I'm not sure, Sir. I went to check the gate and the ward'n was gone, t-th-that's wh-when they came in."

"What came in?"

"Hunters."

"Alpha!" James, my other brother, runs in with a panic.

"James," Mark greets.

"Mark," James briefly greeted. " Alpha, the Hunters are head'n towards Pony Fair!"

"Mark, call the Alpha of The Parker Pack. James, call the Alpha of The Guardians Pack."

"What 'bout The Frozen Moonlight Pack?" Mark questions.

"There's only two packs in Pony Fair." I say, not remembering that the pack joined a couple decades ago.

"The pack was formed twenty years ago, Sir." Mark transitively mentions.

"Right, I'll call them. You both can forget calling the other two packs sense I'm sure the Alpha of that pack will inform the other two Alphas. You both are dismissed."

I sit back down in my chair as they scatter out of my office. Looking at a phone book, I dial the Alpha's number. Three rings and the phone's picked up.

"This is Emma!" the person on the other line spoke with ease.

"Is Alpha Axel there?"

"Yeah, why?"

Noises were heard in the background. "It's somethin' urgent."

"Well, Axel and I are in a meet'n right now."

"Great," I run a hand through my brown hair. "Put the phone on speaker!" I demand.

"There, you're on speaker." Emma says.

"This is Alpha Astro from The Dawnful Banes Pack in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana. I wanted to inform you that 'bout five minutes ago, our main gate was breached."

"Get to the point Astro." Axel says with frustration evident in his voice.

"Hunters breached the gate. I didn't call cause you guys have a past with them. I'm call'n because they're headed your way, 'bout ten to fifteen minutes out I'm guess'n."

"Holy mother of horses! This cain't be happen'n, it just cain't!" a feminine voice yells.

"I'll be there in couples minutes with some warriors then." I say before hanging up.

(Adam's P.O.V)

After Astro hung up, Emma began to panic more. Axel, control your wife! I then walk out of the room. As I reach closer and closer to the door, screams began to fill my ears.

Adam, it's not safe! Stan, my wolf warns.

I'm still go'n out there, and when is anythin' ever safe? I growl back.

I open the door and giant ugly beasts are running all around town. Astro, timing was way off. Stan on the other hand, was right. I shut the door and bolt for the conference room.

"G-G-Guys!" I yell as I near the room stumbling to the ground constantly.

"What?" they all say at once as Astro appears in the room with a group of people.

"They're here."

(Emma's P.O.V)

I grab my stomach in pain as Adam runs in. Why is this happening to me? Why do the Hunters want me so bad?

The Book of Truth you idiot!

"Who said that?" looking around the room to see who insulted me. Instead everyone just looks at me strangely.

I did you moron, your wolf. I know, why haven't I said anythin' in twenty three years? Well, I was woken when you just realized the supernatural is real, then you got beat up by those Hunters.

But that was years ago though.

I know, I just recently recovered from it so try 'n avoid it this time so you don't lose Axel's pup. As you may be aware, Hunters have a poisonous venom that paralyses the wolf's mind. It sort of acts as a wolf's ban.

Yeah, I remember that from the book, and wolf's ban is disgusting stuff. What's your name?

I'm Dutchess, your Arctic Wolf.

You know how many of us there are? I ask her, forgetting about the condition we are in and the surroundings.

Not momentarily, but you might want to let Axel know you're fine cause he's look'n worried.

I give Axel the 'I'm okay' look and he loosens up. I wonder what the supernatural being from another dimension wants with just a book. I started that book five years ago.

What's so special about it? I mean, it has everything you'd want to know in it. Wait, that's it! The Hunters aren't here to just kill me, they just want to torture me to get information. Hunters are just warriors of the Evil Queen Ivy. Alpha, Snow, and their pack tried to warn me.

Why didn't I think of this before? Axel is going to flip if I tell him. "Damn it!" I yell as I kick a chair.

"What?" Tre looks at me, confused as everyone else is.

"The Hunters are after by order." answering his question. "I should have notice this the first attack." I mumbled the last part more to myself.

I run to the main exit of the building. With my action, Axel, Tre, Adam, Abby, Astro, and his warriors then chase after me.

"Emma!" Axel yells.

I stop where I'm at-which happens to be right in front of the door-and turn around. "What?" yelling in annoyance.

"What in God's name are you do'n?"

I take my blue pen out of my boot. Keeping my hand off to the side, I look at Axel dead in the eyes. "Kick'n those Hunter's butts!"

"With what, a pen?" Astro teases.

I glare at him. The pen turns into an ice sword after I click the button. I keep my glare on Astro as his eyes go wide.

"That's great, but won't it break?" he lets out after his little shock.

I open the door ignoring the question. When the door is open, the face of a Hunter is the first thing that greets. I give my sword a nice swing, slicing the Hunter's head off in the process.

The thing Astro doesn't know is that I'm part of a rare species. Are species is known to have abilities unlike any wolf. As soon as our wolf is activated, so are our powers. To have powers of an Arctic Wolf, ice needs to run through your veins.

Anyways, this thing with the Hunters is starting to annoy me. I shift into my Arctic Wolf. Soon after I'm in the air ready to sink my teeth in the Hunter's neck that's in front of me. Before I can even reach the Hunter, I get tossed the opposite way and land on a bench, letting out a loud yelp. My four month pregnant belly staying unharmed.

"Emma!" Axel's scream was the last thing I heard before everything around me changed. Purples and blues being the only thing I see.