Chapter 14

(Emma's P.O.V)

The heavy door opens slowly just before Loiyd and I return from the thought room. A blurry figure towers over me. When my vision completely clears, that figure is also clearly seen. Everything inside me flushes, my very tanned skin grows very pale. Suddenly, I went cold. Fearing for my life and the baby's too, that this Hunter is going to kill me.

"Victor!" Loiyd yells at the Hunter.

"I didn't mean to startle anyone."

Did Victor just speak words I understand? He's a Hunter, they can't speak like us.

"Can't you come in this room normal? Coming in here like that could get you killed."

Catching me off guard, Victor changes. One of his parents must be human then. My aggressive shaking doesn't stop.

"I-I n-n-need t-to g-get h-home n-now!" my teeth chatter nonstop. I am unable to move. Axel must be going crazy right now, just sensing the situation I'm in.

"Victor, what do we do?" Loiyd panics.

"I-I c-cain't m-move." I murmur.

"I can teleport us back to your home world." Victor points out. "On one condition though."

Loiyd and I look at him, not caring what the condition is. What matters most is getting me home to Axel.

"I'm taking my mother with. If I take you home, I'm not returning to this place and besides I'd still be able to know what's going on here. Come on, I'll teleport you to my mom." Victor comes closer to the both of us and within seconds, we were gone.

•~~~~~•

We arrive at Victor's house. His mom coming up to me. She greeted me.

Loiyd set me in a chair and then he turns to Victor and his mom, explaining what's going on.

Pain spreads throughout my body. This can only mean one thing, the baby's coming and it's coming now! I'm still unable to move. My water breaks. Everyone in the room turns and looks at me. Victor and Loiyd more worried than Victor's mom.

The contractions hurt more than they should have. Being in shock must have induced my labor because the baby wasn't supposed to be due for a couple more weeks. I wanted to be home, and I wanted to be home now. 

I was not going to have this baby without Axel by my side. Not in a different dimension. Not when I'm still in potential danger.

"Victor, get your but over here 'n get me home now." I softly say in between my labored breathing. "I will not have this baby bein' born here when I'm still in danger."

The three rushed over to me, purples and blues surrounding me again.  

•~~~~~•

"Hurry, hurry!" someone off in the distance yells.

"Dr. Shepard, she's going into shock!" another yells.

It's cold, why is it cold? I open my eyes slowly, only for them to be blinded by the moving lights above me. I close me eyes.

The clicking of someone's boots echoes through the hallway. My eyes shoot open to the rhythm of the clicking. Tre.

"Excuse me, Dr. Shepard, may I speak to you for a moment?" Tre's voice rings in my head.

Tre... I trail.

"Stop the gurney!" his steps quickening as the gurney comes to a stop.

"Alpha, she's in critical condition!"

"No, let my cousin speak." now at my side, he takes my limp hand and looks into my eyes. "You're cold, what happened?"

I'm in shock, you know what that means, right?

He nods his head.

Call Axel, I'm too weak to link someone from afar. My body will be limp till I receive his touch. If he ain't here before they operate on me, there's a chance me 'n the baby ain't go'n to make it. I explain as tears fill both our eyes. Understand?

Tre nods. "He's already on his way." Tre looks up.

"I'm sorry, but we need to get her in the OR."

"Not with my wife you ain't!" Axel booms.

He places a hand on my cheek. Now able to move, I lean into his touch. "You 'n the baby are go'n to be alright now." he kisses me before Tre pulls him back and I'm sent to the OR.