Chapter 2

(Emma's P.O.V)

Knowing mom and dad were never coming back, I ran out to the barn remembering that we have a log cabin out in the woods with a farm by it's side. When Willow sees me, she jumps around in her stall in complete bliss. I pulled out our large wagon made to move large amounts. Hook Willow to it and tie her to the post outside the barn. I run back into the house to load up.

I've always loved going out to the cabin. Now, where are my backpacks? Aha, my room. Okay, now all five backpacks, two gym bags, a duffel bag, a few other bags for supplies for me, my horse, and food. I packed almost everything I had, for example:

- three blankets

- three pillows

- all my outfits

- all my dresses

- all picture frames in my room

- all my valuable items

- all my stuffed animals

What, a girl can't take her stuffed animals with? Anyways I run to the wagon and throw all my bags from my room in it.

"How do you feel 'bout leave'n this place girl?" all I get is a snort.

Running up the stairs to the kitchen, I stumble, but luckily I catch myself. I swear, sometimes I'm super clumsy! Grabbing the cooler, I see something at the corner of my eye. What's this, a letter? In less than a second I'm opening it.

"Holy mother of horses!" I shout seeing the mass amount of money that falls to the floor. I bend over to pick it up and put the money back in. I'll just mess with it when I get to the cabin.

I take all the food out of the fridge and put it in the cooler. Now, where is the spare key?

•~~~~~•

"Hey! Willow look, we're here."

Willow snorts at my excitement. I get out of the cart and tie Willow to the post outside the barn that held the rest of our herd. I lazily take the cooler out of the wagon and drag it to the stairs.

I look up at the cabin in the trees then to the stairs. Wow, I forgot we had five flights of stairs. I just continue to drag the cooler up the stairs.

After what seems like forever, I ran to my room that looks exactly like the one at home, but better. Alright, let's get things unpacked now that the stuff is in and Willow's in the barn. I nearly set my bed after my belongings were in place, but it happened to be set already from the last time dad and I were out here. The only thing different about this room is the deck and the big picture window. I plop down in my bed and fall asleep.