Chapter 9

(Jake's P.O.V)

It's been five months since we left Emma. My mom was right about Alyssa. I mean, my wife isn't one of us, she's human. It's quite rare for a werewolf to be mates with a human. The day I told her our daughter was like me, I knew she was afraid of what might happen to her. That's mostly the reason for protecting Emma like we are.

Today, well Alyssa is still her normal self. She keeps on freaking out nonstop about the triplets were about to have. I can't deal with it anymore, but I have too. She is my wife and it's the whole bond/mate affect. Now that I think of it, I need to talk to Alyssa about the situation.

"Alyssa, I need to talk to you for a minute!" I yell as I walk into the house.

"'Bout what love?"

"The babies." I sternly mention.

"Okay, shoot."

"If they're like me, we're move'n back to Pony Fair in Texas as a part of the pack again." a memory of our daughter flashes before my eyes.

•~~~~~•

"Daddy daddy!" Emma giggles as she runs towards me.

I give her a look of concern, only to have her giggle some more.

"Your face looks funny daddy." she covers her mouth to help stop the giggles. "Can we go to the cabin? I really wanna ride Willow." her eyes pleading.

"Okay Honey," giving in to her undying love for Willow.

•~~~~~•

"On one condition, we don't go back 'til they're nine if that's the case." Alyssa says a bit off guard.

•~~~~~•

It's been five years since the boys were born. Only four more years and we can go back home. Alyssa and I had troubles picking out names, but we managed. The first boy is Emmett James, we named him after my dad. He has hair like Emma, a medium shade of brown with natural highlights and bright blue eyes, brighter than Alyssa's. Jase Tyler, blonde hair and bright hazel brown eyes with tints of gold, just about the same as mine. And the youngest of the three, Justin Roy. He's got dark brown hair and hazel blue eyes.

To Alyssa the three are like her little angels. Me, well they're my little boys that bring joy to the world.

"Daddy!" Emmett yells across the room. "Play with me!" he charges up to me flailing his arms.

I chuckle as three pairs of arms wrap around my legs. "Okay boys, let's go outside so we don't upset your mother."

We enter the backyard and the boys charge for the swing set. I charge after them as a foul stench hits my nose. A growl erupts from the bush off to the left. A rouge jumps out in front of us. The boys scream in fear.

"Go in the house, now, and lock the doors!" I yell as my wolf takes control.

I shift as the boys run. A powerful growl comes from my chest. I jump at the rouge with a snarl. I latch my jaw around it's neck and bite hard. It yelps at the pain and throws me off. My back hits a tree and I fall to the ground. The rouge stands in front of me as it snarls. I snarl back at it and latch my jaw on it's neck one last time and snap it.

I go back behind a tree and shift back to normal and pull on some jean shorts. I head to the garage and grab the gasoline and lighter. I pour the gasoline on the dead rouge, setting it on fire when I drop the lighter. I head back into the house and wash the blood off my body.

After I shower, I walk to my wardrobe. I grab a white t-shirt, blue and white plaid shirt to cover my t-shirt, and blue jeans with my cowboy boots. The phone rings as I walk out the closet. I pick it up and answer.

"Hello?"

"Howdy, this is Ella Bates, your bank manager. I just wanted to know if you're paying your bills." The girl on the phone mentions.

"Uh, I don't understand what you're talk'n 'bout." I state a bit confused.

"Your house in Pony Fair, Texas. The bills are still being paid, I just want to know that you are still paying it."

"Oh, no I haven't in five years."

"Well, who is? The money is coming from your account, so do you want me to cut off the bills there?" Ella questions.

Emma! If she is the one paying the bill, that must mean she's alive and still with the pack. "No, I think I know who is pay'n the bills, so keep it on."

"Okay sir, is there anything else I should know?"

"Um, actually, can you tell me whenever there is a bill due the next four years, but three days in advance?"

"Yeah, that all?"

"Yes!" I hang up before she can answer back.

•~~~~~•

It's been four years. Now I just need to wait for the phone call. It's only August 30. I'm a bit stressed because all three alphas in Pony Fair called me the 27th, Emma's birthday, saying she's in the hospital from a Hunter attack. I had already sent a card and her favorite flowers the day before.

I haven't told Alyssa the news yet. I'm not sure how she will take it. I think I should let her know. I walk to the living room to see Alyssa sitting on the couch reading a book.

"Alyssa," I take a seat next to her. "It's 'bout Emma."

"What 'bout her?" she questions with her eyes still fixated on the book.

I look down at my feet with tears in my eyes. "Three days ago, Emma was attacked by Hunters. She is in the hospital with a broken arm, a bad fever, severe bruisin' to her right shoulder, and a beat up leg. They don't know if she will make it or not. They say there was some sort of poison the Hunters injected into her durin' the attack that's preventin' her wounds to heal properly."

"Hunters? Like the people with guns?" she questions with her book now closed in her lap and tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I'm not sure what they mean by that, but it's bad."

Alyssa pulls me into a hug. Maybe she really does care about Emma instead of her safety after all. The boys just turned nine and I'm really wanting to go back home. I give Alyssa a kiss on the head and head to the kitchen.