Chapter 8

(Emma's P.O.V)

I walk around the woods that seem to be dark. There's not even a spot of light. No stars and no moon. A branch snaps from behind me. I slowly look to see a man standing there. My heart starts to pound. I begin to run until I'm out of breath. I lean against a tree, panting. There's a rustle in a bush. "Hello?" a Hunter jumps out at me and latches it's jaw on my leg.

•~~~~~•

I wake up, screaming in pain. My face is covered in sweat. Doctors come running in along with a frightened Axel.

"What happened?" Axel questions.

I just sit there panting, my eyes wide from the horrifying creature. Blood starts to seep through my casted leg.

"We need to close up the wound!" a doctor commands.

"Emma, I'm Dr. Shepard." one doctor looks at me with a knowing face, eyebrows lifted.

I nod my head, clenching my teeth from the pain. "It happened again."

"What happened?" Dr. Shepard questions.

Axel stands in the doorway of the room I was just in. Tears fall down his face as I'm being rolled away. I hate seeing him like that. I just want it to all stop.

"The attack!" I yell trying to get off the bed.

"You need to lay down miss, you're losing a lot of blood." a doctor says, pushing me back down onto the bed.

"No, I'm fine! I need to get to Axel!" I push the doctors away from the bed. "Get off me!" I keep shoving them, knocking a couple of them to the floor. I've always hated the hospital. Even when I came here after some serious falls, I'd put up a fight. Tre hated it when I did that. Although, it pains Axel, seeing me fight like this.

Tre comes running down and stops by Axel. "I heard a scream."

"Her leg is bleed'n again."

Tre looks at me the to Axel. "What is she do'n?"

"How do you put up with her fightin' the doctors like this?" He looks at Tre, his arms crossed.

He chuckles a little. "I don't."

Something sharp hits my back. My pushing gets weaker as I continue to get away. The person who was behind me lays me down back on the bed. I shut my eyes as I'm being rolled away.

•~~~~~•

My eyes flutter open from my sleep. I rub the back of my sore neck with my left arm.

"Axel?"

"Yeah Em?"

"What day is it?"

"September ten, the doctors said you're good to go home today. That is if you're ready."

"Really?" finally, I can go home and get out of this death trap.

"Yeah, whenever you're ready." he repeated.

"I wanna go now."

"Okay, let's get you in a wheelchair then."

I nod my head as Axel gets out of the chair that was next to my bed. He picks me up even though the cast on my leg is off. No cast? I thought my leg was messed up. Huh, my right arm is still broken. Wait, bones take longer to heal, that's right. I'm still getting used to the whole fact that werewolves heal a lot faster than humans. But with the Hunter's poisonous bit, my wounds are going to take a little longer.