Chapter 19

(Axel's P.O.V)

4:30am, Emma sprints to the bathroom. Waking up immediately, the smell of blood enters my nostrils. A small pool of blood lays on the side Emma had been sleeping. I groan, unsure of what's going on.

I got up from the bed and walk to the bathroom on the other side of our room. "Emma, honey!" I bang on the door. "Everythin' okay?"

"What do you think, Axel?" she questionably yells, pain hitting me like a rock.

I stand there. This is all my fault, I should have known better.

Dude, she just had a miscarriage. It totally was not your fault. Aron, my wolf, states.

It totally was my fault. I knew what she wanted and I messed up. I place my forehead against the door. I lean against it, frustrated with myself.

"Emma," speaking in a softly manner, a smile on my face. "Remember our two year anniversary?" I say, trying to think of something that'll cheer her up.

I hear a smile spread across her face, "Yes." she hesitates for a moment. "Can you tell it to me though?"

"I sure can." I put my back against the door and slide down it to sit. "So, you were just a junior-"

"That one?" she cuts me off. "Mr. Harper wouldn't let me leave fourth hour early to have lunch with you!" she lets out a small laugh.

"Yeah, so then I had to go in there and go all Alpha on him even though he's human, which it didn't affect him much. That's when I mind linked Principle Farr to let you leave early."

She laughs again at the memory. "The look on his face was so funny! You could see the humiliation on his face. 'So sorry for the misunderstand'n, you may be excused.' Like, who uses proper language with a southern drawl?" she impersonates while making fun of his accent.

"Apparently he does."

"Yeah," her voice softens a bit. "That's when you decided to spend the rest of the day with me."

Emma turns the knob a little and I fall flat on my back. She looks down at me and our eyes lock. We stare for about a good two minutes before I snap back to reality.

"I should probably get you to the hospital." I throw myself up remembering what happened.

"No, I'll be fine. I hate the hospital anyway, I've been there way too many times. You should know that." she says as she scrunches up her nose.

Alpha Axel, we caught Tyler's scent just south of the town's borders. A guard mentions.

Okay.

"Hello," Emma says, exaggerating the o. "You 'wake?"

"Yes, yes I am."

"I'm go'n to change the sheets so we can go back to sleep."

I nod before I leave our room, allowing Emma to be alone.

Tre, in my office now!

I'm sleep'n and you ain't my Alpha. His voice filled in sleep.

Will you listen if I told you it has to deal with Emma?

I'll be there right away.

I happen to pass Abby and Tre's room after mind linking him. The door opens and Tre pops his head out.

"Oh, it's just you." he steps out, joining me in the hallway. "So, what's so important that you needed to wake me up at 5:00 in the morn'n?"