Chapter 34

Hey everyone!

I'm so sorry I've taken so long over this chapter. I kept getting writer's block, and also started back at school which was stressful.

Anyway, this is a pretty long update to make up for it and I will try to be faster next time! Sorry.

This chapter is dedicated to @WishUponAStarxx for her amazing comment on the last chapter, it just made me smile so much!

Thanks for reading everyone, I love you all.

Lucy xxx

(Y/n)’s P.O.V.

It was three in the afternoon. I’d barely slept last night, and when I did, I only had terrible nightmares. My eyes were red and puffy from crying, and I was wearing old clothes that were practically falling apart. I had been sat on the sofa all day with my phone in hand on twitter, not even moving to get something to eat.

I’d had a phone call from my mum that morning, and I told her about the holiday, leaving out the details. I also failed to tell her about my problem with Dylan, not wanting to worry her. It was nice to catch up with her however; she’d chattered about some conversation she had with a man in the supermarket which she’d found hilarious, and about how she had bought my dad a new pair of socks with Homer Simpson on them. After asking me if I was looking after myself, to which I obviously answered yes, she ended the call to go and make herself some lunch.

I chewed on my thumbnail, unsure of what to do for the best. I wanted to say something to the boys, to apologise, but when it came down to it, I had no idea what I was going to tell them. I had typed out hundreds of messages, but none of them seemed right.

I decided to try one last time, saving them all to my drafts.

@thegirlinthepic: @Harry_Styles just wanted to say thanks for being there for me! It meant a lot, you’re amazing

@thegirlinthepic: @Real_Liam_Payne thank you for always knowing what to say to cheer me up

@thegirlinthepic: @Louis_Tomlinson thank you for making @Tally_Official happy, you deserve each other

For Niall and Zayn, after much debating, I eventually decided on the same message for both.

@thegirlinthepic: @ZaynMalik @NiallOfficial I’m so sorry for everything. I love you both

 I stared at the four tweets in my drafts until the words blurred and tears came to my eyes once again. I took a deep breath, finally happy with the messages to my five best friends and hit the ‘Send All’ button. As soon as I saw that they had been sent, I logged out of Twitter, not wanting to see anyone’s reaction.

The doorbell rang and I quickly grabbed my bag, stuffing my phone into my hoodie pocket. I had packed some necessities for staying over at Dylan’s, like a toothbrush and a change of clothes.

I carelessly brushed away the fresh tears on my face, pulled on my vans and opened the door to Dylan, smiling wickedly down at me. As usual, he was wearing black converse, with dark grey skinny jeans, a white t-shirt and a navy blue Superdry jacket. Despite being summer, it hadn’t really been very warm in the UK lately, but I wouldn’t really have expected anything else. His face fell as he took in my appearance. Plain black leggings, a huge burgundy hoodie which was falling apart, my hair frizzy and up in a high ponytail and no makeup – I really hadn’t made an effort.

“What’s wrong with you?” He asked, not even bothering to greet me.

I sighed, refusing to go down without a fight here. “Oh, I don’t know. Maybe it’s something to do with the fact that I’m being forced to stick with a guy that treats me like shit, or the fact that I’m not going to be allowed to see my friends anymore, or the fact that I have suddenly lost all control that I might have had over my life!”