Chapter 5

Hey guys.

Listen to Last First Kiss whilst you're reading this, I think it sets the mood quite well!

Thanks for reading.

Lucy xx

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

We were all sat outside again, eating burgers this time, when something splatted on the table. We looked up at the sky to see tons of seagulls swooping overhead, cawing at one-another.

"Oh shit!" Niall squealed like a girl as he ducked under the table. "I hate birds!"

"I'm coming under too!" I said hastily. "I got pooped on once, and it was not something I want to happen again."

Suddenly, Louis ducked beneath the table too. 

"I thought you liked birds," I teased him. "I mean, you seem pretty attached to Kevin!"

"I don't like real birds! They're horrible!" Cried Louis, sounding frantic. Niall and I laughed at him, even though we could both relate.

"Well, I didn't really want to come under, but I thought that you guys would want some company." Sighed Tally. "Honestly you guys. Scared of birds?"

"We're not scared of them!" I protested. "Just don't like them. I mean, have you ever been pooped on?" I looked at her accusingly while she shook her head. "Then you wouldn't understand." I shrugged.

"Another one just missed our table, so we decided to come down too," said Harry, sliding down and smiling, revealing his cute dimples. 

We all sat there, giggling beneath the table, when I felt Zayn's soft hand brush against mine! I looked up at him. He was hunched over so that he would fit under the table. He smiled shyly at me and I giggled, smiling back. I looked back at his strong hand, which was still touching mine. I slowly traced from his wrist to the tip of his middle finger. He watched my every move. I suddenly felt overcome with a surge of embarrassment, blushed and drew my knees up to my chest, wrapping my arms around them and hugging them tightly.

What was I thinking? Of course Zayn couldn't fancy me, could he?

.

.

.

.

After tea, I tried to stay as far away from Zayn as possible, without making it obvious what I was doing. We were barely friends, and that was all we'd ever be. 

For the rest of the evening, I chatted with Liam, Niall, Louis and Harry and didn't say another word to Zayn, and tried my best not to look at him. I just wanted my feelings to disappear. 

I looked up at the sky, and noticed that it was beginning to turn pink, with the first handful of stars starting to show their faces.

I turned to Liam. "What time is it? I swear the park should have closed by now."

"Um, well actually, we've got a little surprise for you," started Liam.

"There's going to be a firework show!" Shouted Niall excitably, and interrupting Liam in the process.

"Cool!" I said. "When does it start?" 

"Um..." Louis glanced at his watch. "In about fifteen minutes. Shall we start heading towards the main entrance? We'll get the best view from there."

"Yay! I love fireworks!" Squealed Tally, doing a little hop and hugging him.

I looked on jealously, whilst Louis hugged her back. If only that was Zayn and I.