Chapter 14

Hey guys!!! I'm getting really bad writers block at the moment ugh... But let's see how this goes... I genuinely have nothing to say here today either... :/

Lucy xx

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

"I really need a new dress!" I said as we walked through the shopping centre.

"What about this shop? It looks like there are some cute party dresses in there." Suggested Tally.

"That looks perfect!" I replied, hurrying inside.

It was a little boutique shop, filled with gorgeous dresses for all different occasions, in every colour imaginable. I immediately spotted three gorgeous dresses and scooped them up. 

"I need to try these on!" I said.

"We'll all wait for you over here!" Niall called, leaning on a wall next to the changing rooms. 

"Make sure you come out and show us!" Zayn added. 

The first dress I tried on was a pretty nude shift dress. It had sparkly gems around the neckline and it did suit me. I cautiously stepped out of the changing room. 

"Aw that's lovely!" Tally complemented me. 

"You look so pretty!" Zayn smiled, his gorgeous eyes glittering.

"You think so?" I asked.

"Yeah, it really suits you," he replied.

"I think I'll try on the other ones," I said, slipping back into the changing room.  

The second dress was a navy blue bandeau dress. It was really cute. I swirled in front of the mirror, and as the light hit the chiffon, colours danced off of it, making it look pretty magical. 

"No! (Y/n), I'm so jealous, you look gorgeous!" Tally whined.

"No I don't!" I said, looking down at myself. "This dress is really nice though!"

"Try on the other one!" Zayn said.

"Ok!" I smiled walking back into the changing room. The last dress was black with gold flecks all over it. It had a puffball style skirt and was really short, and it was strapless.

I stared at myself in the mirror. I looked like a different person! 

I nervously stepped out of the changing room, apprehensive of what the others would think. They all just stood there, staring at me.

"Oh, um, doesn't it look very good?" I asked awkwardly.

"Good? You look stunning!" Niall grinned. 

"Why are you so pretty?" Tally laughed, giving me a hug.

“Trust me, I’m really not-” I started.

“(Y/n),” said Zayn. I slowly turned to face him. He took my hand in his and looked deep into my eyes, speaking gently. “You look absolutely, completely breath-taking.” I blushed and giggled idiotically, looking down away from his eyes. “Please get this dress; it looks like it was made for you!”

“Okay!” I laughed nervously, glancing back at Zayn’s eyes and flashing him a quick smile. I bit my bottom lip and stumbled back into the safety of the changing room. My knees were shaking! I sat on the bench and drew them up to my chest, balancing my chin on them. I tightly squeezed my eyes shut. What was happening to me? I felt certain that any minute I would wake up, back at home, in front of my laptop checking my emails. My life had completely changed.

As I got dressed back into my cut-off purple shorts and crop top, I couldn’t stop thinking about Zayn. Maybe we could try, maybe it would all work out and we could be together for the holiday. We’d have to keep it private though, I wouldn’t be able to tell a soul, not even Tally, for the whole week if I didn’t want Dylan to find out. Because, quite honestly, I was scared of him and what he could do to me. The first chance I got, I would be speaking to Zayn about it.

I checked that I still looked ok in the mirror, before leaving the changing room.

“So, which dresses shall I get?” I asked as I stepped out from behind the curtain.

“All of them!” Niall shouted enthusiastically.

I giggled at him. “What do you think Tally?”

“I think that you have to get all three of them!” She laughed.

“I agree,” chipped in Zayn, leaning towards me. In a low whisper he added, “But that black one was my favourite by far.”

I blushed and giggled. "Ok, I'll get them all; I don't think they're too expensive!" I looked at the tags. "Or, maybe they are..." 

"Let me see," Zayn said, reaching out and taking them off of me. "I've bought more expensive things for girls before, it's fine!" 

"Are you sure?" I asked worriedly.

"If you don't let me, I'll be very offended!" Zayn replied, trying to keep a straight face.

"Ok, whatever!" I sighed.

He wandered over to the counter to pay for the dresses.

"Guys, I think we should all go out clubbing tonight!" Niall grinned. "Apparently there are some good places nearby."

"Yeah! That'll be fun!" I replied.

"I can't wait!" Tally laughed.