Chapter 37

Hey guys!

So I know its been more than two weeks since my last update and I'm really sorry about that. I found this chapter really difficult to write for many different reasons. 

The sequel to this book will be called "Let Me Take You Higher". You can go into my profile or click the link at the side and save that to your library now. The summary isn't up yet as I don't want to give anything away, but it should be up once I finish this book!

I'm trying to finish it as soon as possible so that I can enter it into the Wattys, so I'll let you know if I'm successful in doing that or not.

Thanks for reading guys, I hope you enjoy this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment!

Lucy xxx

*WARNING - THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS VIOLENCE AND TRIGGERING MENTIONS OF SELF HARM*

Niall’s P.O.V.

I parked my car in a random empty space and pulled my phone out of my jeans pocket. My hand found its way to my hair and began twisting a tuft that was sticking out at the side of my head around as I looked over my instructions from Tally for the hundredth time. I’d barely slept last night, my hair was sticking up all over the place as I hadn’t bothered to style it and I had pale blue bags under my eyes from the lack of sleep.

It was the day after I called her, as I couldn’t have gone over whilst Dylan was there yesterday. I was told that by midday, there should be no sign of Dylan as he would be at his summer job, which was some kind of mechanics or something. I would hopefully be able to talk to (Y/n) in person, and, if I was lucky, get her out of there.

It was 11:50. I cautiously got out of my car and looked around for Dylan’s car, which, as Tally had told me, was ‘a shiny, expensive, red thing’. After scanning the street and seeing no red cars, I sought out Dylan’s house. Apparently, it was on the left of one with lots of big, empty gardening pots on the front lawn. I soon found the one that she meant and walked up the pathway towards the front door, with butterflies erupting in my stomach. I jabbed the doorbell with my finger and waited. I had no idea exactly what I was planning to say to her, but I was happy that I was finally doing something to help.

I tapped my foot impatiently, pressing the doorbell once again and frowned. Surely she would be in. I knocked on the door and rang the doorbell, utterly confused as to why she wasn’t opening the door.

“(Y/n)? It’s Niall. I know you’re in there; I just need to talk to you. Please open the door.” I called, praying that she would respond. A few moments passed, and I added. “Fine, I’ll just sit here until Dylan comes back!”

“No! You can’t do that, he’ll murder you!”

“Open the door then, I’ve worked out a way to help you,” I grinned, standing at the door and waiting for it to be opened.

“I can’t Niall,” she said, regret clear in her voice. “It’s locked.”

Of course it was. Dylan wouldn’t have left it with the possibility of her getting out. I couldn’t believe that I hadn’t thought of that.

“What about the windows? The back door?” I asked.

“No. Everything’s locked. I can’t get out.”

I panicked, trying to think of every possible way to get her out of there. “We could… break a window. Or knock down the door?”

“Niall,” she laughed nervously. “It’s ok. I’m figuring out ways to get out. I could be out in a few days!”