Chapter 20

Hello guys!!! This is a really long chapter (6 pages on word!) so it should be about 3 or 4 pages on here!

This chapter is dedicated to @Loveohair because she gave me some really sweet feedback on the last chapter, thank you so much!!! Love you <333

Please comment feedback and vote, I feel like some of you are just being silent readers which is kind of annoying because I really want to know what you think!!!

Thank you guys :)

Lucy xxx

Y/n's P.O.V.

When we got back to the beach, Zayn was gone. The boys all checked their phones for messages and Liam told us that Zayn had gone back to the hotel on a bus. Apparently he was feeling ill. I knew he wasn’t, but the others all bought it so I just went along with it.

It was late afternoon by the time we had finished swimming with dolphins, which was incredible! They were really cute and friendly! 

We decided to stay at the beach for a few more hours, and bought some fish and chips from a little shop just next to the pier. We all sat in the warm sand, eating the greasy chips out of the little polystyrene boxes, facing the sea as the sun grew ever closer to the horizon. Niall slyly reached over and snatched one of my chips, shoving it in his mouth and grinning at me smugly. 

"D'you know what?" I said, shifting myself round to face him. "I feel sorry for whoever you end up marrying if you're going to steal her food all the time. She'll starve!"

"It was only one chip!" Niall protested.  

"You ended up eating half of mine on Monday at the water park!" I pointed out.

"That's a fair point." Liam joined in with me.

"Admit it Niall, you would eat anything!" Louis smiled.

"I wouldn't eat anything. I don't like sprouts. No one likes them." Niall grinned smugly, as if he knew exactly what the reaction to him quoting the video diaries would be.

"No! That's what I say!" Shouted Louis, hurling himself at Niall and tickling him. I giggled. I guess they remember all the video diary jokes just as well as Directioners do.

Harry decided to join in too, seeming intent on embarrassing Niall. "You like (y/n) though. Would you eat her?" 

"I don't like her anymore. She's mean to me." Niall blushed, and tried to conceal it with a scowl. We all laughed at him. "In fact, I don't like any of you anymore, you're all mean to me." He turned to face away from us, his arms folded.

"Oh, Niall. It's ok. Here, you can have the rest of my fish. I'm full now." I handed him half of my fish, and he quickly gobbled it up and smiled at me.

"I wasn't really angry at you. I just did that to get more food" I sighed, I probably should have known. "We should build a bonfire!" He stood up and held his hand out to me. "Come on! There's a big pile of driftwood over there!"

He pulled me up and we ran hand-in-hand over to the driftwood. We picked up a big, dry piece and hauled it back over to the others. 

"Come on, help us then!" I called, before running back over to the pile with Niall. The others joined in and after about five minutes, we had a large bonfire, ready to be lit. 

"We don't have anything to light it with!" Liam pointed out. 

"Fine, I'll do it!" Harry sighed, kneeling down and getting to work on a couple of pieces of wood, rubbing them together, his muscles twitching with the effort. Liam joined in too, and soon all the boys were working on a few small pieces of driftwood, while Tally and I basked lazily in the last few golden rays of sun as it set.