Chapter 36

Hey guys!

Yay I got the chapter done quicker this time. Sorry this one isn't very long either, but I wanted a good build up to the ending. 

I'm so close to the end of this story, and I'm really excited to finish my first book. Once it's done, I will edit the whole thing and then start on the sequel. I have so many exciting ideas.

I hope you all enjoy this chapter. Thank you for reading, I love you!

Lucy xxx

Zayn's P.O.V.

I strode through the doors and dumped my bag in the hallway, sighing as I looked around at the familiar interior of the apartment. It was always comforting to be back, whether I'd been away for a few days or a few months. It wasn't actually my apartment, technically speaking it belonged to Louis, but we all as good as lived here. I had my own flat a few streets away, but having spent almost all of my time over the last few years with these four guys, it was just weird being away from them. Louis didn't care that we were all constantly invading his home; if he wanted some space he would just disappear off to Niall or Harry's place.

Liam had gone off with Hannah almost as soon as we touched down at Gatwick, but the rest of us all went straight back to Louis'. It was huge really; there were seven bedrooms and eight bathrooms, along with a gaming room, cinema, and a pool room. Apparently, the previous owners had bought three apartments and knocked down the walls to join them all together. It was very open plan and spacious, with bright colours everywhere; exactly Louis' style.

I hadn't heard anything about (Y/n) since yesterday. I had called her countless times, but she simply wasn't replying, and I was close to giving up. All that Tally had told us was that she was staying at Dylan's house as that she was confused. I didn't know what the hell she had to be confused about; she just had to break up with him, what was so complicated about that?

I dragged my bags into my room and began to unpack all of my clothes. I hadn't taken much, so it was a fairly quick job. Once I'd finished, I grabbed my phone and headed back out to the main living space. 

Niall, Harry and Louis were all sprawled across the sofas, watching the football. I flopped down next to Niall and pretended to be interested, though neither of the teams that were playing had any significance to me.

About fifteen minutes into the second half of the game, my phone started ringing. I hurriedly pulled it out of my pocket and glanced at the caller ID that had flashed up on the screen.

Finally.

Standing up and excusing myself, I headed into the kitchen area.

"(Y/n)? (Y/n), are you ok?" I asked, relief sweeping through me as I heard her voice at the other end of the phone.

"Yes. I'm fine. How are you?" 

She sounded robotic, as if there was no personality there anymore.

"I'm, er, I'm good too," I replied awkwardly. There was so much tension between us and I didn't even know why.

"Zayn," she sighed, pausing for a moment. "I think we need to talk."

"Do we?" I asked, completely confused. "I mean, I know we haven't spoken since the holiday, but everything's alright with us, isn't it? I really-"

"Zayn!" She said forcefully, cutting me off. "What we had, it was just a bit of fun, it didn't mean anything,"

"Wha- what?" I was absolutely lost for words. I thought she cared about me.

"That's right. It was just me being wild on holiday, I'm with Dylan and that's not going to change any time soon." Her voice faltered and she took a deep breath. "I don't have feelings for you."