Prologue

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

"Dyl, it's fine, I'm just hanging with Tally." I hissed down my phone, hoping that she wouldn't hear. Dylan and I had been dating for five months now, and he was becoming a little possessive, often getting jealous of every single person I spoke to. He was paranoid, and it was sweet in a way, but also extremely annoying.

"Are there any guys there?" He asked.

"No, I promise you that its just me and Tally. We're looking for a magazine or something." I explained to him, wishing he would just calm down for once. 

"Ok," he sighed and I bit my lip. "I love you (Y/n)."

I smiled, and my heart fluttered a little. No matter what, I always fell for him a little bit more when he told me he loved me. "I love you too Dyl. I've got to go now, bye!" I ended the call and turned back to the magazine stand that Tally was peering at.

"So (y/n), which magazine shall we buy?" Tally asked me. We met 9 months ago when I moved to London and have been best friends ever since - we're completely inseparable and agree on everything; well, except who the cutest member of One Direction is.

"Let's get this one," I replied, choosing the one that came with a poster of Zayn, my favourite member of 1D in it. 

"Are you sure?" Tally questioned. "I mean, I think that this one looks better..."

I sighed, noticing the poster of Louis Tomlinson, Tally's favourite member of 1D on the front of it. 

We both studied the magazines, searching for some reason for buying them other than the poster, but neither seemed to have anything else that was worthwhile in them.

Just then, something on the back of Tally's magazine caught my eye. A star shaped box, with the words "Your chance to meet One Direction!" printed in bright pink, standing out from the page. 

"Tally!" I cried, filling with excitement and hope. "I think we should get your one!" I grabbed the magazine and turned it over, jabbing the fluorescent words with my bitten nails.

Tally's eyes grew wide. "Oh my goodness!" She exclaimed. "We have to get this one!"

We hurriedly bought the magazine and rushed back to my cramped apartment, where we pored over the details of the competition.

The winner got to hang out with them for a week in Spain, and take one friend! All that you had to do was send in some kind of picture to prove that you were One Direction's biggest fan! 

Tally and I agreed to both enter, as the winner was allowed to take one friend, and therefore we would stand a better chance of meeting them. We instantly entered me into the competition on my laptop, a picture of me in front of my wall of 1D posters (there are 36 of them in total, which I consider to be quite an achievement considering that my room is particularly small in my customised "I love Zayn"  t-shirt and Tally took the magazine back to hers so that she could enter the competition when she got home.

 I smiled in excitement. I always got too hopeful about competitions, and I would never win. But you never know, maybe my luck would change this time.