Chapter 24

Hello guys!!!

So... movie trailer (I wish it was that easy to catch Harry *sigh*) and the announcment of their next single - "Best Song Ever"!!! I'm so excited :D

This chapter has quite a lot of swearing in it... sorry. I wouldn't normally put so much in but I thought that it was nessessary.

I hope you enjoy this chapter, I decided to give Niall a bit of history to make his character more interesting, so please let me knnow if you like what I've done!

This chapter is dedicated to @Krazy4Food becuase she's really sweet and gave me some cute feedback on this story!!! Thank you sweetie <3

Thanks so much for reading and giving me amazing feedback on this story guys, you have no idea how much it means and I'm always so greatful for any feedback you give me!

Lucy xx

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

I dashed into the blinding sunlight and stopped for a moment, allowing my eyes to adjust. I noticed the four figures stood in front of me, and after standing there for a minute, I realised they were looking at me for an explanation. I blinked a few times so that I could actually see and looked up at Liam.

“Where did Niall go?” I asked him.

The boys and Tally looked me up and down, taking in my flushed cheeks, my tangled hair and my crumpled clothes. The knowing look in Harry’s green eyes told me he knew exactly what had been going on. Liam pointed to the right of the cave. “He went over there. What happened? He looked really upset,” Liam bit his lip.

“I- err- I’ll tell you later,” I said dismissively, heading off in the direction Liam had pointed me, feeling Harry’s unnerving green gaze follow me round the corner.

“Niall! Niall! Where are you? Niall?” I ran past the jagged boulders and scraped my elbow on the rough rocks. I gently examined it, wincing at the peeling skin, the sore red patch. “For God's sake!” I cursed under my breath. I heard a supressed sob and whipped my head around. Niall was sat, leaning against a big, grey boulder, his chin resting on his knees, his arms pulling his legs closer to his body. He looked broken. I’d broken him.

His knees were oozing red, and I guessed he must have scraped them against one of the sharp boulders on his way here. He looked like a little kid of about ten, confused and completely alone. It hurt to see him like this.

"Shit! Niall, I'm so sorry!" I rushed over to him and knelt down in front of him. "Niall-" I reached out to touch his shoulder, to comfort him, to give him an explanation, but I was cut off by his sudden angry outburst. 

"You're not fucking sorry (y/n)!" He yelled, slapping my hand away from him and shoving me off balance. "You've been creeping around behind my back, with my best friend who knew exactly how I felt! Don't tell me you're fucking sorry! It's bullshit!" He stood up and his body shook as the anger racked through him, taking ownership of his thoughts and actions. His cold blue eyes pierced into mine, his mouth twisted and bitter. "Why would you do that (y/n)? Didn't you realise how much you mean to me?" His shouts ripped through the peaceful atmosphere of the beach, shattering the picture perfect facade. 

I dropped my eyes to the floor, trying not to let him show how much his words, laced with his thick, Irish accent, stung. Tears prickled in my eyes and I let out a low, shaky breath.

Niall walked towards me, his fingers clenched in tight balls so hard that his knuckles had gone white.

He spoke again, his voice a barely audible whisper, his bottom lip trembling. "Why- why would you do that... to me?" The crack in his voice towards the end made my head snap up. I looked to his ocean blue gaze expecting to see harsh resentment, towards me, Zayn, everything. But instead, I saw a deep hopelessness, much worse than any icy hate could ever be.