Chapter 17

Hello guys!!! Sorry I haven't updated for a few days, but I've been doing work on promoting this story and stuff like that :)

I've also been in a play for the last few days and it's tiring. But I have been writing quite a lot and I've got a few twists planned for the story (I know it's all very exciting haha).

Anyway, please vote and comment feedback!!! And follow me :)

Lucy xx

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

"So, a lazy day by the beach, that'll be nice!" I smiled, sitting next to Harry in the middle of the back of the minibus. 

"Who said it was going to be a lazy day?" Louis asked, as he and Tally took their usual seats next to one another.

"What do you mean? What are you planning?" Tally practically shouted.

"We're going to go scuba diving, and jet skiing and swimming with dolphins! There's another beach about fifteen minutes away and you can do all of that cool stuff there!" Laughed Niall, squeezing into the seat on my other side.

"Really? That's going to be so much fun!" I grinned.

Zayn jumped into the mini-bus, and I smiled at him. "Hey, (y/n)! You got a bad hangover?" He winked at me and I sighed with relief, knowing that we must have gotten away with last night. 

"Awful! Why did you guys let me drink so much?" I whined playing along with him.

"You were so funny! We need to get you really drunk again!" Chuckled Niall.

"Oh no, what did I do?" Niall just laughed and shook his head at me. "Guys, please!" I turned to Tally. "Was it as bad as your birthday party?"

"What did you actually do at her party?" Asked Harry.

"You really don't need to know." I blushed, pressing my lips together.

"She ended up sleeping round the corner from my house in a bin liner!"

"Tally!" I moaned. "I thought we were never going to mention it again!"

"Sorry!" She said. "It was so funny though. I found her just sleeping on the street when I went out to the shops. She really doesn't take alcohol well!"

I put my head in my hands whilst Tally carried on talking about all of my embarrassing moments, when I felt a hand on my back. I looked up to see Niall giving me a sympathetic smile.

"Why don't we stop talking about (y/n) now, guys?" I grinned gratefully at Niall. 

"Thank you," I said. "See. Niall is a nice person, unlike you lot!"

Tally giggled. "You were funny though!" 

Niall and I gave her a cold look and she took the hint, mimg zipping her mouth shut.

Everyone began chatting again, and I turned back to Niall.

"Thank you," I sighed.

"Anything for you, princess!" He replied quietly, a ghost of a smile on his face, his eyes not quite meeting mine.

.

.

.

.

.

I had to stay away from Niall. I knew I did. I just didn't know how. He was such a nice guy, and didn't deserve to be led on by me, especially when I was secretly with one of his best friends. I felt so bad, and I didn’t really want to ignore him, but I knew it was the only thing I could do. I couldn't let him fall for me. That would just add to my problems.

When we got to the beach, we decided to go scuba-diving first. Whilst we were waiting for the session to start, I stayed as close to Zayn as I could, and as far away from Niall. 

"Zayn, I need to talk to you. I said pulling him away from the rest of the boys, until we were out of sight behind a big rock pool.

"What is it, baby?" Zayn asked.

"I'm worried."

"What about?"

"Niall."

Zayn looked at the ground, embarrassed. "Oh."

"What do you mean, 'oh'?" I demanded. I knew I was being harsh, but I needed to find out if Zayn knew anything more than I already did.

"Um... Nothing..." Zayn said awkwardly.

I sighed and cut straight to the point. "Does Niall like me?" 

"No! Of course not! Well, as a friend, but not in… that way…" Zayn replied a little too quickly. He was a bad actor. I knew he was lying right away.

"Zayn, you know how he's always going on about finding his princess?" Zayn nodded slowly, still looking at his feet. "He just called me princess."

"Oh." Zayn sighed. "I don't think he's called anyone that before."

"That's bad, Zayn. Ugh! Why did this have to happen?"

"I'm sorry, baby." Zayn sat down, exhausted, and clasped his hands together nervously. 

"Why? It’s not your fault, you haven’t done anything." I sat down beside him, put my arm around him and leaned on his shoulder, expectantly waiting for an answer.

Zayn hesitated. "Niall and I agreed that neither of us would get you."

"What the hell do you mean get me Zayn?" I asked, sitting up rigidly, my voice beginning to tremble with anger.

"We're not allowed to date you," Zayn replied simply, looking at his tightly clasped hands.

"I can't believe you Zayn. He's your best friend for goodness sake. You really need to rethink this whole situation." I was furious. How could Zayn be doing this to Niall? 

"Look, (y/n), I'm sorry, ok babe-"

I slapped him. Hard. "Don't you dare call me ‘babe’."

I stood up sharply, and walked briskly out from behind the rock pool and back to re-join the others.

Ooh plot twist mwahahahaha ;)

I'm not posting the next Chapter until I get:

3 votes

2 comments

and at least 1 more follower

So go go go!!!

Oh and this is dedicated to @daniellehoran98 because she is my best friend and a Niall's girl, and this is kinda a big chapter for Niall. Well, you know what I mean.

If you would like a dedication then just leave a really nice comment and I will choose the best one!!! :)