Chapter 38

Hi guys!

I'm really focusing on this right now so that I can enter it into the Watty awards, so expect a couple more updates over the next week. 

That's pretty much all i have to say today. This is a pretty long chapter, so I hope you enjoy!

Lucy xxx

Zayn's P.O.V.

It hurt. It really did hurt to know that I meant nothing to her. I didn't know how hard I'd fallen until she took it away. It felt as though she'd cut open my chest and torn out my heart. I ached all over. I'd never known anything like it. I had only known this girl for a week and a half and she'd ripped me to shreds. 

A lightheaded, dizzy feeling came over me in the early hours of the morning, but I didn't want to leave the sanctuary of my bed. I hadn't left my bedroom at all yesterday, and I was starving. The dull pain in my stomach was eventually enough for me to haul my tired body out of the crumpled sheets in search of something to eat. 

I glanced at myself in the mirror. I looked awful. My eyes were bloodshot, my hair was matted and sticking out in every direction that it possibly could, and dark bags were forming underneath my eyes. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, attempting to untangle a few of the clumps. My stomach rumbled and my desire for food took over as I left my attempts at fixing my hair for now. 

"Morning Zayn," Harry called from the sofa as I walked through the living room. I ignored him, not in the mood to talk to anyone. I just wanted some food. 

I entered the kitchen and headed straight for the freezer. I was craving ice cream. I reached in, grabbed a huge pot of strawberry ice cream and set it down on the counter. The lid was soon off and I greedily tucked in. 

Eating a massive pot of ice cream for breakfast. Well, this was a new low. 

I was aware that someone had sat down next to me, but I didn't bother looking up. They could wait; I had ice cream to eat. 

"Zayn, you ok?" It was Liam. I grunted in reply and scooped up another spoonful of the pink ice cream, stuffing it in my mouth. I would definitely be having this next time I needed to take my mind off of something. It was working wonders. 

"Well, I have something to tell you guys, but I want to wait until Niall's back. But I can't wait to tell you, it's so exciting! I think it will cheer you up, because you've-" 

"Shut the fuck up Liam." I said rolling my eyes. He was rambling, he did that a lot and it was annoying as hell. Liam went quiet and I thought about what he had said. Something about waiting for Niall to get back. I'd thought that he was here, but what would I know? This was the first time I'd left my room in the last forty hours. 

I looked up at Liam’s hurt expression. He was too sensitive sometimes. I faked a smile and an interest in what he was saying. "Where's Niall?" I asked, shoving another mouthful of ice cream in my mouth. Damn, it was good. 

"I don't know, probably at his apartment." Liam shrugged. 

"Why don't you call him, tell him to get his ass over here?" I said, although I couldn't care less about Liam's 'announcement'. I would probably be about his new workout or whatever. 

"Already did. He didn't pick up so I left him a message," Liam grinned. 

"Well, I'm sure he'll be here soon," I turned away from Liam, continuing to devour the ice cream. It was disappearing fast. 

Five minutes later and the tub was completely empty. I groaned, resting my forehead on the table as an awful headache from eating the ice cream too fast came over me. I heard the door open, signalling that Niall was back.