Chapter 21

Harry's POV

"What did you do?" Niall asked. Could I tell him? Lucy never said I couldn't tell anyone.

I bit my lip "I told Charlotte...things to save her life"

"What are you talking about?" Niall asked, confused.

"Lucy told me you were alive early this morning before everyone else" I admitted "she said I had to break up with Charlie in front of everyone or she'd kill you. The way she made me do it..." I trailed off, shuttering at the memory.

"How did she make you do it?" He pressed.

"I had to tell her absolutely horrible things"

"Like?"

"That she was ugly and boring. Earlier, she confided in me that she blames herself for your death and it told her it wasn't her fault, and it wasn't" Niall nodded in agreement "I knew saying it was her fault when I broke it off would destroy her but it also guarantee your life. The worst part was, she didn't even put up a fight or disagree" My heart ached as I explained.

"Harry" Niall's eyes widened "I'm so sorry-"

"You have absolutely nothing to apologize for" I interrupted "I would do it a thousand times over to get my best mate back"

He smiled "thanks Harry, that means a lot. What are you going to do then?"

"I don't know" I answered honestly "but I need we back, Niall"

"You can't just tell her?" Niall suggested around a bite of food "Charlie would understand"

I considered it "she didn't say I couldn't...but she didn't say I could either. There would be a risk"

"She?"

"Lucy" I didn't tell him about the kiss; I was too embarrassed and ashamed.

Niall shook his head, seeming kind of mad "why can't they just leave us alone?!"

"But if I did tell Charlie, I'd be risking everyone's life. I don't know of I could do that" I said.

"Well you told me, didn't you?" Niall replied.

"Yes but you're not the one I just broke up with"

"I guess" he sighed.

"What would you do?" I asked, sounding a little desperate.

Niall considered the options "I would tell her. Try to be discreet about it, though"

"When should I tell Charlie?" I asked. I'm so happy Niall agreed I should tell her. I just hope it doesn't cost us.

"Tell me what?" Charlotte asked as she descended down the stairs.

"That...Harry stayed after I was done eating" Niall stuttered.

She gave us a suspicious and amused look "alright, don't tell me" she came over and grabbed the tray off Niall's lap.

"Okay, Niall you really need to sleep. Harry, you look exhausted yourself. I'm just going to put the tray away, then I'll meet you in the room-" her eyes widened as she realized what she said.

She took a shaky breath "never mind" Charlotte ran up the stair as fast as she could.

"You think she'll be able to forgive me?"

"Well she forgot that easy so why not?" Niall yawned.

"Thanks for the talk, mate. I won't keep you up" I got up to leave.

"Harry?" Niall stopped me "thanks for everything you did for me"

"Anytime. Have a good sleep" I said.