Chapter 59

Harry's POV

The bang was loud, echoing through the open space, and I heard a ringing in my ears afterwards. As soon as I heard the gun go off I scanned Charlie for blood and when I saw none, looked back at the others for any signs of pain. Each face was tense and surprised at the loud noise but they all appeared to be okay.

Something heavy dropping could be heard in front of me, and I blew out a breath of relief cause it meant it hadn't been one of our own that'd been shot. 

"Fuck!" Lucy screamed, clutching her leg where the bullet had hit, "You shot me you fucking idiot!"

When I saw Peter distracted by his daughters cries, I took my chance and charged him. He looked back at me just in time for my body to collide with his and the wind was knocked out of me on impact. Peter grunted when we hit the cold grass bed but that didn't stop him from trying to push me away. I didn't hesitate to throw a punch to the right side of his face, the bandage covering my knuckles not cushioning the blow at all. 

I hit him again, his face feeling way better then a punching bag for my rage. I went to do it again when I heard the click of a gun loading close to my left. I froze, my fist in the air, and I slowly looked over to Jack who had his gun trained on me. Behind him, the rest of the guys were fighting off Billy and Jenny and McKenna had a struggling Lucy pinned. From what I could see, everyone was still, for the most part, unharmed.

I saw his finger brush the trigger when Charlie collected her senses enough to slam her elbow into his gut and thankfully the gun did not go off this time. Jack mumbled a string of curse words before hitting her with the butt of the gun and crawling on top of her. She kicked her feet but Charlie's hands were still bound behind her back therefore leaving her defenseless. 

I went to get get him off of her but Peter pulled me back and threw his weight enough to roll us over. I took a hit to the face and three more to the ribs before I even knew that I no longer had the upper hand. I felt a rib crack and I cried out as pain shot through my body and clouded my senses. Peter went to hit again but I caught his fist and twisted outward until I heard his wrist snap. He yelped and jerked back enough for me to push him off me. I struggled but managed to get to my feet and kicked Peter in the stomach to keep him down. 

When I was sure he'd be down for a second or two, I grabbed a large rock from the ground. It was heavy, damp, and cold in my palm. In two big strides I reached Jack, grabbed him by the back of his collar, and hit him over the head so hard the rock cracked down the middle. A grunt left his mouth before he slumped over, unconscious. A trail of blood trickled down his hairline to his chin, the blond of his hair enhancing the blood's chrism colour. I let the rock fragments roll off my fingertips and shoved his body off Charlie. I hooked my fingers into the gag to remove it and my fingers brushed over her soft skin.

"Harry," She breathed once the barrier was gone. 

"Baby, I'm so sorry," As gently as I could so that I didn't hurt her further, I got her to her feet and turned Charlie to that I could free her hands. I noticed her fingernails were laced with blood that she wasn't able to scrub off. 

"You shouldn't have come," Charlie scolded but her voice lacked conviction. 

"I'm not going to leave you. Not ever again." I finished with the knot and finally got her hands free. I winced at the sight of the red, irritated skin where the bonds had been. 

"I can't believe you figured it out," Charlie said as she turned to face me. 

I shook my head, "I can't believe I didn't figure it out sooner. I was almost too late. I'm so sorry. I should have believed you from the beginning."