Chapter 39

McKenna's POV

"Maybe we should get up? My mom wouldn't be too happy to find us like this" Niall said, moving to get up.

"No" I pulled Niall back into the warm bed with me "Just a few more minutes" I asked in a sleep filled voice, not opening my eyes.

"Okay" He chuckled and put his arm back around me. I had gotten up this morning only for Niall to pull me into his room and we spent the morning together just talking and cuddling on his bed.

"Niall?" Chris, Niall's step dad, called, knocking on the door.

"Um... Just a second!" Niall yelled, springing into action. We both knew that if we were caught, Niall's parents wouldn't be too happy with us. I didn't want to give them a reason to kick me out or hate me. I jumped up and looked for a place to hide. Niall gestured under the bed. I crammed myself under the bed, sandwiched between the floor and bed frame.

I resisted the urge to cough as Niall said, "Come in"

"Hey, I just wanted to let you know breakfast is ready" I could see Chris's shaggy, blue slippers.

"Okay, thanks" Niall replied, sitting on the bed.

"How did the date go?" He asked.

"It was really fun. We had a great time" I could hear the smile in Niall's voice.

"In glad you had fun. And don't worry, I won't tell your mom. Just make sure she doesn't catch you" Chris added.

Neither one of us said anything although we knew we'd been caught.

"Morning McKenna"

"Morning" I squeaked, extremely embarrassed.

"See you at breakfast" He laughed and closed the door begin him as he left.

I put my face in my hands as Niall bent down to look at me.

"You gunna come out?"

"Nope, I'm going to stay right here" I replied with a small smile.

Niall begged, "Please come out?"

"No" I shook my head.

"Then I guess I'll have to go in and get you" He growled playfully.

Niall crawled in beside me while I squealed and laughed "Niall, no! Stop!"

He snuggled up close to me and brushed hair out of my face.

"Nice and cozy" He chuckled.

"Mhh" I leaned in and pressed my lips to his, tasting mint toothpaste. The kiss deepened and Niall slid a hand around my waist to pull me more towards him. I wrapped a leg around his hips to pull myself closer. His lips traveled down my jaw to my neck where he nibbled which made me shiver. I let out a breathless moan and brought his lips back up to mine where I delicately traced his lips with my tongue.

Niall moved to intensify things but ended up banging his head on the bottom of the bed.

"Ouch" He murmured, rubbing his head.

I giggled and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah" He chuckled "Maybe it's not the best place for this"

"Probably not. We should go to breakfast anyways"

Niall nodded and we got out from under the bed. We went into the hall and sat down at the table where Chris and Maura were already seated.

"Good morning, how'd you guys sleep?" Maura asked.