Chapter 3

"No he's got to be here! Where would he go?" Louis cried, standing and walking into the hall. I heard him opening and closing doors all throughout the house while calling "Liam!" 

Louis slowly returned and sat down with a pained expression.  

"He's not here" He said in a tight voice.  

"Where could he have gone?" Niall asked but we all knew the answer. The man from the T.V. had taken him and was most likely doing something horrible to Liam. 

"Well we can't just sit here and do nothing!" Louis yelped.  

"That's exactly what we have no choice but to do" Zayn said rationally and he was right. Louis silently got up and went down the hall to his room, closing the door with a soft click.  

Niall sniffed softly and followed Louis's lead to his own room. McKenna go up too and, by her footsteps, I could tell she went to Niall's room probably to comfort him.  

Zayn went down to the living room and began to watch T.V., probably as a distraction too keep from thinking about what they could be doing to Liam at this very moment.  

That left me and Harry alone in the kitchen.  

He got up stiffly and pulled a chair up a few feet away from the door and waited.  

"Maybe they aren't doing anything" I tried to comfort him but he knew better.  

Harry shook his head, "Don't be so naive! We all know exactly what's happening!" 

I looked down and pressed my lips in a tight line. Harry had a right to be upset and I didn't blame him.

"Sorry love" His voice was softer, "I shouldn't be taking my anger out on you" 

"It's alright. We are all worried" I replied.  

"Why would you be worried? You don't know him?" HArry asked, his tone not harsh but curious.  

I shrugged, "You all seem nice. No one deserves this" 

"And why did you do that yesterday? You didn't hesitate to stick your own hand in" Harry finally looked back at me.  

"I just don't like to see people hurt when I know I can do something about it. It's just who I am I guess" I answered honestly.  

He thought about my answer, "Well thank you for doing it. I'm sure it wasn't easy. How is your hand by the way?" 

I looked down at it. The bandage was spotted a crimson red with dried blood. Now that I thought about it, my hand was still very, very soar.  

"It's....alright" I replied, trying to play it off. I'm not the one who needs to be worried about. 

"It looks like it needs a new bandage" He murmured and left the room for a second to return with the first aid kit.  

He kneeled in front of me and took my hand into his. They were soft and gently with a feather light touch.  

He removed the bandage and I looked to his face, afraid of what my hand would look like. His eyebrows creaed in the middle and he bit his lip in concentration, which I found very adorable. Every touch sent butterfly's in my stomach and made my palms sweaty. My heart beat with a weird, jumpy, fast paced rhythm. Why was I acting like this?!  

Harry finished bandaging my hand but his fingers lingered on my skin.  

"Thanks" I said, entranced by his gaze which had found it's way back up to my face.  

"Your welcome" He flashed his dimples. 

A loud banging interrupted our moment. We both turned to see a very large man dumped a bloody and unconscious Liam on the floor.