Chapter 7

McKenna's POV 

I sat down on my bed and put my face in my hands. All I could do was sit there and watch idly while they hurt my friends.  

The door creaked open and Niall slipped in and sat next to me.  

"How are you doing?" He asked, wrapping me up in his arms.  

"I'm scared for them" I replied, burrowing my face in his chest.  

"I know" Niall kissed the top of my head.  

"I've only known Charlie for a short while but I couldn't bare to lose her. I didn't really have any friend back home" I explained.  

"Well now you have 6 new friends" Niall told me. I could feel him smile against my head.  

"Thanks" I blushed.  

"Do you know what time it is?" He asked. I glanced at my watch.  

"10:12" I replied. Although it was late, I wouldn't be able to sleep until Charlie and Harry were back safe.  

"You hungry? I need to do something to get my mind off things" I asked.  

"Sure, want some help?" He asked.  

"I'd love help" I smiled. He took my hand and lead me to the kitchen.  

Zayn sat at the table, staring at the wood.  

"You hungry Zayn?" Niall asked.  

He shrugged "I could eat I guess" Everyone hadn't eaten since breakfast. We were kind of inturrupted. 

I looked around the cupboards to find them full again.  

"They re-stalked the food while we were out" I announced.  

"Good. We were running low" Niall said.  

"How's spaghetti sound?" I asked.  

"That's fine" Zayn murmured, not really paying much attention to us. Niall sat down beside him and threw his arms around Zayn.  

"They will be fine, mate. Liam came back alive" Niall comforted. I took some ground beef out and thawed it in the microwave.  

"I just want to help them!" Zayn said, clearly frustrated. 

"We all do" Louis said, coming into the room. Liam filled in after Louis and they all sat around the table.  

I put the beef in a pan and cooked it. I focused all my thoughts into cooking; I couldn't let myself think of what they could be doing to them. My stomach twisted into knots.  

Niall came up and grabbed a jar of sauce from the cupboard. He passed it to me and grabbed some vegetables out of the fridge and cut them up. I put them in the pot and let that simmer. I boiled water and put the pasta in to cook.  

"Smells great, McKenna" Liam told me with an attempt at a smile.  

"Thanks" I replied, feeling the same way.  

I put the pots on the table and passed around dishes. We all ate in silence. It just wasn't the same without Harry and Charlie.  

I collected the dishes after we were done and started the dishes.  

"Let me do those" Niall said.  

"No I want to. It's a good distraction" I said. He nodded and sat back down. No one left the kitchen though. I think they stayed so the could know when, and not if, Harry and Charlie were back.  

I finished the dishes too quickly and sat back down with them.  

Niall automatically grabbed my hand and squeezed reassuringly.